Best pickup so far is...

bruceb

Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?

• Taylor
    • Randall
    • Stanton
    • Gaines
    • Landry
    • Carrie
    • Smith
    • Hyde
    • Hubbard
    • Fells

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like people are really downplaying how huge it was to get a legitimate starting QB.

This is Tyrod Taylor easily.

It's that many of us and most NFL fans have absolutely no faith in Taylor being anything beyond a bridge quarterback. If anything, Taylor is just a hedge for Dorsey to tell Jimmy he gave Hue a starting NFL quarterback and Hue still lost. It's actually nefariously genius IMO; Taylor has yet to be a top 20 quarterback statistically so no reason to think he'll be anything more than just okay. And it's a one year deal. Dorsey can tell Jimmy that Hue knew he was coaching for his job and still couldn't win with a quarterback playing for his next contract. If Hue isn't winning by week 8, I could see it being curtains. So yeah, I am thankful we didn't get Alex Smith or we'd likely be keeping Hue. Give me Safeway Select Alex Smith™ for the win if it's to get Hue fired.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as importance to next season? Taylor.

Value proposition? Randall

Agreed.  That being said I think Landry is gonna be good for us and if they get Rid of the damn block letter Cleveland this year I’m buying a 80 Landry jersey 

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's that many of us and most NFL fans have absolutely no faith in Taylor being anything beyond a bridge quarterback. If anything, Taylor is just a hedge for Dorsey to tell Jimmy he gave Hue a starting NFL quarterback and Hue still lost. It's actually nefariously genius IMO; Taylor has yet to be a top 20 quarterback statistically so no reason to think he'll be anything more than just okay. And it's a one year deal. Dorsey can tell Jimmy that Hue knew he was coaching for his job and still couldn't win with a quarterback playing for his next contract. If Hue isn't winning by week 8, I could see it being curtains. So yeah, I am thankful we didn't get Alex Smith or we'd likely be keeping Hue. Give me Safeway Select Alex Smith™ for the win if it's to get Hue fired.

Even if Tyrod Taylor is just a bridge quarterback he’s realistically the best qb we’ve had in 20 years.  If not realistically, then arguably. 

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Even if Tyrod Taylor is just a bridge quarterback he’s realistically the best qb we’ve had in 20 years.  If not realistically, then arguably. 

Well sure, that's cool, but let's not hyperbole it; he's still Tyrod Taylor and not a guy who causes the earth to move for anyone but Hue. It's an improvement, though guys like Landry and Randall should matter much more for the team in the long run. It's not like the fans are fooled into thinking that somehow Tyrod is a long term solution. He's a decent seat holder that we got in a one year deal. Case Keenum this year was better than any season of Tyrod's career. For being a ball protection quarterback, Taylor is surprisingly inaccurate at times too. He just aight.

Landry is probably the most talented player we've added, so I voted for him. Gaines and Randall should also really help improve our secondary, and we gave up little to get them. And while Taylor is far from a great QB, he should be a huge upgrade over anyone we've had at QB in years.

Archived