Raiders release P Marquette King; Signs with the Donks

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Of coarse it is Reggie is just a contract guy basically Gruden is calling just about all the shots

I don't really understand the "message". He's a flamboyant player, gets some dumb flags which I would see as coachable. No character issues, just a weird guy. 

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't really understand the "message". He's a flamboyant player, gets some dumb flags which I would see as coachable. No character issues, just a weird guy. 

Selfishness, just like Crabtree. This is a team sport and players who care more about themselves than how their actions can negatively impact the results aren't welcomed anymore. Those type of players wouldn't last long on the Pats either and no one would have a problem with it.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not crazy about the move but I agree with it in principal. Gotta instill some professionalism and accountability some time. 

"Gets some dumb flags" - I believe he has received more personal fouls in his career than all the other punters in the league combined during that time. Yes, that is a real stat from twitter, posted last season. I believe that makes it a character issue.

So, despite the fact that he has a strong leg and is infinitely better than he used to be at directional kicking, his cut is a good place to set a tone. And it doesn't hurt the team that much. He's a punter. He also had a down year by a good margin, made light of the whole Talib/Crabtree fiasco, and so on. What coach trying to win games needs this many issues from a damn punter. 

Archived