Josh Allen

Kiwibrown

drafting josh Allen  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Id draft Josh Allen

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

PFF perspective:

PFF will lose a lot of credibility if Josh Allen develops into a star and Baker Mayfield is only so-so.  They are really going on a limb here trying to argue that Baker Mayfield is the #1 pick and Josh Allen is behind 5 other QBs.

23 minutes ago, VanS said:

PFF will lose a lot of credibility if Josh Allen develops into a star and Baker Mayfield is only so-so.  They are really going on a limb here trying to argue that Baker Mayfield is the #1 pick and Josh Allen is behind 5 other QBs.

PFF lost a lot of credibility years ago. This wouldn't do anything to change that. They can be right or wrong, it doesn't really matter much - we all have hits and misses. They are an interesting read, but not the end all be all. I don't question people who like Mayfield more, or Rosen or Darnold or Allen. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

PFF lost a lot of credibility years ago. This wouldn't do anything to change that. They can be right or wrong, it doesn't really matter much - we all have hits and misses. They are an interesting read, but not the end all be all. I don't question people who like Mayfield more, or Rosen or Darnold or Allen. 

They actually haven't. NFL teams pay for their premium services and their charting, in particular, is extremely valuable to a lot of NFL teams. On the draft, they are actually pretty good. When they do miss, it's usually because they were low on a good player rather than high on a bad player. That said, Sam, Steve, and Mike are absolute jamokes of the highest order.

Have him UDFA. Kyle Boller has a massive arm ran the 40 in 4.59 etc and he was useless. Allen’s tape is frighteningly bad. 

Far too many issues that cannot be corrected. 

Whichever GM drafts him will kill his job as a GM

10 minutes ago, The411 said:

Have him UDFA. Kyle Boller has a massive arm ran the 40 in 4.59 etc and he was useless. Allen’s tape is frighteningly bad. 

A bit dramatic but it’s hard imagine him making it if he’s forced to play right away.  If anyone needs an Aaron Rodgers start to his career it’s Josh Allen.  

1 hour ago, The411 said:

Thank you for letting me know that you've never actually watched his tape.

Dan Orlovsky has become a great follow on Twitter for QB prospect insight. His analysis somewhat reflects what I've noticed about Allen's game. He's not inaccurate, per se, but he's late a lot and he doesn't process the field at an NFL level.

Other analysts have also stated Allen is a pure sight thrower with little anticipation to his game. I've seen him make some incredible pin-point throws, but, considering his lack of surrounding talent, he doesn't possess the anticipation or field vision to get the most out of plays on a down to down basis.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Dan Orlovsky has become a great follow on Twitter for QB prospect insight. His analysis somewhat reflects what I've noticed about Allen's game. He's not inaccurate, per se, but he's late a lot and he doesn't process the field at an NFL level.

Other analysts have also stated Allen is a pure sight thrower with little anticipation to his game. I've seen him make some incredible pin-point throws, but, considering his lack of surrounding talent, he doesn't possess the anticipation or field vision to get the most out of plays on a down to down basis.

This is exactly my biggest issue with Allen. 

I still think Allen could be the best QB in the draft if and only if he goes to the right place. It won’t happen but i think he’d be a great fit for the Giants with Pat Shurmer, all of the receiving weapons they have, and the option to sit behind Eli and not have the pressure to step in day one. 

I'm still not convinced Allen will go one. This has to be one giant inside joke that all the GM's are in on. To take a guy this raw, this risky in this QB class at FIRST OVERALL is complete lunacy to me. I refuse to buy it.

Still gonna love my Browns til the day I die, but I'll be damned if this doesn't make that day come sooner.

17 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a very good point.  I think better coaching should help in this regard.  With that said, if Josh Allen was a great anticipation thrower, he'd be the greatest QB prospect of all-time.   The fact he has some flaws in his game don't concern me.  This is like pointing Lamar Jackson's sporadic accuracy.  Sure, if Lamar Jackson was a pin-point accurate passer, he would be the most unstoppable offensive weapon in NFL history.  His incredible athleticism makes up for the slight deficiencies as a passer and still make him an outstanding prospect.  Similarly, Josh Allen's insane arm talent significantly outweighs his weaknesses when it comes to awareness or anticipation and still make him an outstanding prospect.

Josh Allen is still the slam dunk #1 QB in this draft.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, DirtyDez said:

A bit dramatic but it’s hard imagine him making it if he’s forced to play right away.  If anyone needs an Aaron Rodgers start to his career it’s Josh Allen.  

That would probably be the best scenario for him. A couple of years to learn and soak everything in, while only getting better behind the scenes.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isn't this more of an instincts issue that isn't exactly taught?

I think Allen's deficiencies are tough to improve in a short period of time. I'm not saying he can't become a faster processor with time, but most NFL teams don't have the luxury of time. Ultimately, I believe Allen's success is going to be determined to how good his strengths can become -- namely extending the play and throwing far and fast.

Archived