Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

Just now, jrry32 said:

Donald is going to be re-signed. That's a non-issue.

Don't plan on a cheap extension to Cooks while Donald still not signed. The threat of the tag on Cooks is meaningless to Cooks agent, when the whole world knows it's currently earmarked for Donald (at the current time)

Just now, CriminalMind said:

Don't plan on a cheap extension to Cooks while Donald still not signed. The threat of the tag on Cooks is meaningless to Cooks agent, when the whole world knows it's currently earmarked for Donald (at the current time)

We're not getting a cheap extension with Cooks, but I'm not worried about him trying to use Donald as leverage. Donald is getting paid. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

We're not getting a cheap extension with Cooks, but I'm not worried about him trying to use Donald as leverage. Donald is getting paid. 

I didn't say he will use Donald as leverage, I said the threat of a franchise tag on Cooks is currently non existent due to Donald not being extended at the moment

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I didn't say he will use Donald as leverage, I said the threat of a franchise tag on Cooks is currently non existent due to Donald not being extended at the moment

No, it's not. Donald isn't hitting FA next week. The Rams have been consistent all off-season. Donald is getting paid.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

No, it's not. Donald isn't hitting FA next week. The Rams have been consistent all off-season. Donald is getting paid.

The Rams have been consistent that they won't pay Donald until they must.

I don't blame them.

News flash, they still don't "need" to

The Rams traded a second round pick and EJ Gaines for a one year rental in Sammy Watkins.  And now with a desperate need for linebacker help, they trade away their first round pick for what will likely be another one year rental in Brandin Cooks.

Archived