Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

Man...the top NFC teams just keep getting more stacked (on paper) this offseason.

This might turn into a similar situation like the current Western Conference in the NBA where there are so many good teams yet their record doesn't reflect it because they keep having to play each other. 

32 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Eagles fan base letting the whole league know how annoying they can be when they finally win it.

Let's toast to another 64 years til we see the next rise out of mediocrity outta them.

Meanwhile Dallas hasnt played a relevant football game in over 20 years.

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Rams have 90 mil in cap space for next year but that doesn’t include Donald, Suh, Cooks, Joyner, Saffold and Gurley.  They will probably shed Tavon Austin no?

Suh isn't coming back imo. Gurley will have the 5th year option. Tavon's contract has already been shed.

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I hope you're fine paying him 17-18 mil a year.

You think he'll get 17-18m per year? I don't think so. How would you rank Cooks? Top 15 WR, borderline top 10?

Franchise tag is 16m this year and was about 15.6m last year. Doubt it would even get up to 17m next year, so if the Rams are able to sign him to a multi-year contract, I doubt it would hit 17m per, nevermind 18m.

1 hour ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Man...the top NFC teams just keep getting more stacked (on paper) this offseason.

This might turn into a similar situation like the current Western Conference in the NBA where there are so many good teams yet their record doesn't reflect it because they keep having to play each other. 

It's nice to be in the weakest division of the NFC, feel like it'll be the difference for homefield.

56 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah but there is no such thing as "Baltimore Special" so irrelevant :D

there is but it's not something you want

(It's a mix of day shift stripper glitter, Inner Harbor "water" and Old Bay shhh)

30 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

You think he'll get 17-18m per year? I don't think so. How would you rank Cooks? Top 15 WR, borderline top 10?

Franchise tag is 16m this year and was about 15.6m last year. Doubt it would even get up to 17m next year, so if the Rams are able to sign him to a multi-year contract, I doubt it would hit 17m per, nevermind 18m.

Watkins just signed for $16M and Cooks has much, much more proven production than Watkins. That, plus inflation. 

I’d actually be surprised if he signed for less than $17M-$18M.

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Watkins just signed for $16M and Cooks has much, much more proven production than Watkins. That, plus inflation. 

I’d actually be surprised if he signed for less than $17M-$18M.

True, although Mike Evans just signed an extension for $16.5m/year. I think Watkins is an outlier and there could be a bit of a backlash next offseason. I'd be really surprised if Cooks gets more per season than Brown, Evans and Hopkins.

I suppose if Cooks has another great season and the Rams don't tag him, then he might get to $17m/year on the open market. But like I said, if he signs a multi-year deal with the Rams this season, I doubt it would get that high.

Archived