Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You can keep bringing up Houston if you want, but it's irrelevant to any point about how the Wizards are still a crappy team, and most of us knew that before or after a Wall trade and Russ>Wall wasn't changing that. 

Some of us knew that they were a crappy team long before they even drafted John Wall and have been proven correct ever since.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Wiz just need a new coach with a plan to run an offense so these guys develop instead of running so much iso ball with Beal & Russ. Our young guys are capable, they just need more touches in the flow of the offense.

As I said awhile back, to even begin to have hope for the franchise (and that's a fool's game when it comes to the Wizards), you basically have to wait until 2023 and hope they let both Westbrook and Beal walk.

They're not going to, but that's the earliest possible glimmer of sunshine for them. Requires a couple more years of decent drafting, and a new coach (like you said).

Even then, they'll still probably Wizard all over the place. But at least you had hope!

Edited by Woz

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Wiz have some young talent to develop that has good potential like Avdija, Bryan & Rui along with role players like Matthews, Len & Wagner. 

Glad to see you've finally seen the light and moved on from TBJ.

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Glad to see you've finally seen the light and moved on from TBJ.

He has talent, but I don’t want to put him in the class of the others. It’s clear his best position is PG which, the Wizards as currently constructed have no minutes for him to play.

6 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Russ is a awful FT shooter.

Under-the-radar comment - Beal is NOT a good 3 pt shooter.

Nice pass Russ.

You don't let Beal walk. You trade him... like yesterday.

I wouldn’t trade Beal unless he demands it and says he won’t re-sign if you don’t trade him. The team can be built around Beal, it just can’t have Westbrook on it while it’s being rebuilt and it can’t have Scott Brooks coaching it while it’s being rebuilt. There’s not much Russ is doing well at the moment and he’s not getting any younger.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn’t trade Beal unless he demands it and says he won’t re-sign if you don’t trade him. The team can be built around Beal, it just can’t have Westbrook on it while it’s being rebuilt and it can’t have Scott Brooks coaching it while it’s being rebuilt. There’s not much Russ is doing well at the moment and he’s not getting any younger.

Oh I'm moving Russ for whatever I can get back. That was the same thing with Wall. Neither come close to performing up to their supermaxes.

Personally I'd move Beal no matter what. But, of course, you try to extend him first... if he won't, you definitely move him.

Just now, Skinsin2013 said:

Oh I'm moving Russ for whatever I can get back. That was the same thing with Wall. Neither come close to performing up to their supermaxes.

Personally I'd move Beal no matter what. But, of course, you try to extend him first... if he won't, you definitely move him.

I don’t think they can trade Russ. His contract is looking like the worst in the league. Russ is showing on the court that he’s just lost whatever he once had. I think if they’re want to get out of his contract they’re going to have to buy him out whenever they can do that.

14 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Gafford is a rim protector. All is better now. 

I heard that, obviously doesn’t make us a lot better but I’m fine with it. We need more defensive minded players obviously.

At least Hutchinson is a true SF & Gafford a true defensive minded center, two things we needed.

Gotta love Hutchinson’s athleticism & defense too if nothing else:

https://fb.watch/4suHY_38WK/

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I heard that, obviously doesn’t make us a lot better but I’m fine with it. We need more defensive minded players obviously.

Reading about him now. Couple things come to mind:

Played 12-14 minute a game.
3.3 blocks per 36 mins.
1.5 DBPM. So good defensively.
Below average offensive player, primarily because he doesn't play many minutes and shoot 3 shots a game.
Been a DNP a lot in CHI. Played last 3 games and minutes decreased each game. 
Had two of his best games this year... against the Wizards.

Seems more like 1) a change of scenery for all players; and 2) fills a need... but barely. Mo was a good defender. He just lacked size. I dunno... whatever. Only hope is he was buried behind bigs in CHI and he's actually better than the Bulls thought he was.

Edited by Skinsin2013
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Reading about him now. Couple things come to mind:

Played 12-14 minute a game.
3.3 blocks per 36 mins.
1.5 DBPM. So good defensively.
Below average offensive player, primarily because he doesn't play many minutes and shoot 3 shots a game.
Been a DNP a lot in CHI. Played last 3 games and minutes decreased each game. 
Had two of his best games this year... against the Wizards.

Seems more like 1) a change of scenery for all players; and 2) fills a need... but barely. Mo was a good defender. He just lacked size. I dunno... whatever. Only hope is he was buried behind bigs in CHI and he's actually better than the Bulls thought he was.

I like the moves because of athleticism. The current Wizards weren’t very athletic or defensive minded, Hutchinson & Gafford are defensive minded, explosive & athletic. We needed those kinds of prospects on this roster.