Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

14 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal 36th/37 volume 3pt shooter in 3pt %.

Russ 100th/106 in volume 3pt sooter in 3pt %.

Beal and Russ are REALLY bad volume 3pt shooters.

Yep & 2 man b-ball is not a good offensive scheme. If either Beal or Russ are off in a quarter the team is almost certain to lose, just like last night how they blew another huge lead. The season can’t end soon enough, I just hope they make major changes for next year.

I like the trade for the Wizards, because Gafford is the kind of guy they desperately need on the roster as currently constructed, and the kind of guy you can always find minutes for even if they do get Bryant back or land a high-end center. Rim protection and rim running can help keep a second unit afloat, so I think the kid will have a role on them (unless and until he gets expensive, when they should just replace him with someone younger and cheaper). 

They had to trade Troy Brown, Jr. They should have traded him as soon as they brought in Westbrook. The thing that makes him interesting is his ability to be a secondary playmaker/creator, and there’s just no room for that with Westbrook sucking up all the oxygen on offense. With him being so ball-dominant, and the team needing to get the ball into Beal’s hands as much as they can, there’s just no room for anyone else to create. The offense grinds to a halt and everyone else is just expected to play off Westbrook (and Beal). It makes it one of the worst possible places to develop a kid like TBJ. Unfortunately, the same is true of Deni, so he will likely continue to be stifled. 

It’s more than a little frustrating for a team to have two wings, both 21 or younger, with a genuine knack for creating shots and making plays for other guys — and yet watch a 32-year-old (vastly overpaid) mercenary dominate the ball and force them into spot-up/cutter roles every single night. At least now we’ll only have to watch Deni wither on the vine instead of both of them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Russ. 😲

Really frustrating though seeing Russ have those kind of nights sometimes but not being able to play well consistently. I’ve also noticed that Russ has had these kind of nights a handful of times this year and twice when Beal didn’t play.

The two guard ball dominate offense is not working with these two guards. Maybe they need more time to work this out, but having those two take almost half of the teams shots every game isn’t working.

I don’t think Russ is trade able but Beal will be in the off-season. I hate the idea of trading Beal, but I do wonder if it’s something they do in the offseason if Russ/Beal can’t co-exist on the court any better than they have been.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Russ is trade able but Beal will be in the off-season. I hate the idea of trading Beal, but I do wonder if it’s something they do in the offseason if Russ/Beal can’t co-exist on the court any better than they have been.

That's going to get expensive since that has a 15% trade kicker on top of Beal's 2021 $34.5M salary.