How MUCH do you not want Josh Allen?

FGK

Would you rather...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather....

• Get Josh Allen and your choice of non-QB prospects at #4
    • Get your top QB but forfeit the #4 pick

Very much do I not want Allen. I think it's a good assessment that if he does pan out it will be 5 years down the line and would need more time behind a competent QB then any other round 1 target. I hope to God that Dorsey reads these forums but I'm sure he does not lol. Wishful thinking, I'd hate to have to buy new gear for another team. Man that's a lot I've spent over the years and if they don't get this right I don't know what I'll do. I'm really feeling like they are a lost cause if these rumors are true. 

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

A lot is pointing toward Allen right now unfortunately.

i think it's Darnold by a SLIGHT margin right now followed by Allen :(

Allen would be the only "top" QB choice worse than Mayfield.

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

A lot is pointing toward Allen right now unfortunately.

i think it's Darnold by a SLIGHT margin right now followed by Allen :(

Look, i get it. It's easy to fall for a number of well-respected members of the mainstream all saying they've heard Allen.

At the same time, it's just so idiotic that it should just be a known fact that it isn't happening. Dorsey has a proven track record of not being a complete moron. 

It's not even close, I promise you.

That's not a shot at you, by the way.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Look, i get it. It's easy to fall for a number of well-respected members of the mainstream all saying they've heard Allen.

At the same time, it's just so idiotic that it should just be a known fact that it isn't happening. Dorsey has a proven track record of not being a complete moron. 

It's not even close, I promise you.

That's not a shot at you, by the way.

I don't listen to mainstream football analysts... pretty much ever.

not where I got my info.

11 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

One game =/= a career though. Small sample size can be deceiving. Like, I know that might be part of why NFL guys are being dumb, but we don't have to be with them haha.

And as for coaching, y'all do know that his coach this year was Wentz's coach his first couple years at NDst right?

I’m honestly higher on him than most in here. Most it seams would sooner burn him at the stake than give up their comfy chair for granny Gail that just had knee surgery.  Fortunately for us we shouldn’t have to come near to drafting him with Darnold et al just sitting there. The best grade I could come up with for Allen is an incomplete. There is 100% something there with him that is beyond stats. I would not ever be surprised if he actually made it in the nfl with proper coaching and nurturing. But his inaccuracies give me complete pause and I just can’t take him with these other guys ahead of him. 

Btw you stats cats will love this:  Allen has always had a sub 60% completion percentage as far as his high school ball. Hence my incomplete grade. 

Sorry, but a silly idea of a thread.  As long as the team is patient and gives him time to sit and learn, I would be thrilled taking the prospect with by far the highest ceiling in the draft at the position.  

I would much rather do that, than waste the pick on a guy who's ceiling is significantly lower than the current level of play than our current starting QB.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I hope not. I think it would be foolish to say he's not in consideration, though.

They view his flaws as purely coachable.

... and I agree with them.  Coaches need to prove their worth.  Hue and Zampese are known as great developers of QBs, and Haley is the guy that took a very good Ben Roethlisburger and made him an elite other worldly QB.  Draft the guy with a mile high ceiling and get to work gentlemen.  (unless you decide that Taylor is the long term answer, then get us Barkley and Chubb!)

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Allen has always had a sub 60% completion percentage as far as his high school ball. Hence my incomplete grade. 

How in the world does that equal an incomplete grade? If someone has been failing every test and quiz, you don't say "well, we'll have to wait and see", you fail them.

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

... and I agree with them.  Coaches need to prove their worth.  Hue and Zampese are known as great developers of QBs, and Haley is the guy that took a very good Ben Roethlisburger and made him an elite other worldly QB.  Draft the guy with a mile high ceiling and get to work gentlemen.  (unless you decide that Taylor is the long term answer, then get us Barkley and Chubb!)

Hue has lost that stigma. It’s down to Zamp and Haley to develop the QB. 

Hue hasn’t done anything special with the QBs in Cleveland and by special I mean worth a darn thing. RGIII McCown Kessler Hogan and Kizer, He literally made none of those guys better. RGIII still sucks Hue wanted to make McCown a coach Kessler got worse Hogan lived off his legs and Kizer showed Zero growth. 

You could say Hue helped Dalton and McCarron but Zamp was the QB coach for them as well. Zamp also did great things with Palmer. 

Maybe the browns can bring it together to develop a QB with Zamp and Haley. 

Those guys are the two reason I desperately want Hue to succeed. If he gets canned and a new HC is hired he will prolly can them and bring in a new staff. I actually like the desperate changes Hue had to make under Dorsey. It’s like I like the entire coaching staff outside of the HC and STC lol

Archived