Around the NFL

Forge

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Jimmy G don't need no stinkin' 15+ mil per yr receiver to throw to. 

Protect the Jimmy.

Get the best protection for Jimmy.

.. and Jimmy will MAKE the 15+ mil per yr receivers to trade off for high picks later to other teams. 

giphy.gif

And let's do the same thing with back-up QBs! Let's flip Beathard into a 2nd rounder, two years from now, and in the meantime, draft and develop another one that we can hopefully flip for a first!

I know Beathard had a rocky year last season, but I really think he will develop well. We did noticeably better when he took over (of course MUCH better once Jimmy took over...) and that was as a Rookie. I like the guy a lot. Just want to be certain he only plays when we have a huge lead. Keep Jimmy healthy! Invest in that OL.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Easily worth it.....BUT you better have an extension set up before you pull the trigger. Since our 1st is so high, maybe a 4th will do it?

Agreed. I'm also surprised that a team would pull the trigger prior to knowing what the disciplinary ramifications are from the instagram vid, if any. But I suppose they can just ask the commissioner straight up. 

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I know Beathard had a rocky year last season, but I really think he will develop well. We did noticeably better when he took over (of course MUCH better once Jimmy took over...) and that was as a Rookie. I like the guy a lot. Just want to be certain he only plays when we have a huge lead. Keep Jimmy healthy! Invest in that OL.

I think he can be a nice player, but he is limited physically. But he's tough as nails, so I'm sure he'll have a long career in the NFL. Can't exclude him being a starter for a couple of seasons, but in all likelihood, he'll start and finish his career as a back-up.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I think he can be a nice player, but he is limited physically. But he's tough as nails, so I'm sure he'll have a long career in the NFL. Can't exclude him being a starter for a couple of seasons, but in all likelihood, he'll start and finish his career as a back-up.

I don't really see many limitations physically. His biggest problem is in his foot work and he needs to throw a tighter spiral but his arm and size aren't really below average.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

I don't really see many limitations physically. His biggest problem is in his foot work and he needs to throw a tighter spiral but his arm and size aren't really below average.

I don't think he has a lot of zip on his throws. I mean, every QB in the NFL has a "strong" arm, anyone can lob a ball 50+ yards, that's not a question. But when it comes to throwing into a tight window, all these QBs have different degrees of zip. In that regard, I think CJ is closer to old Peyton than he is to young Brett Favre. It's not to say he can't be a successful QB. He's probably in the Alex Smith range, which is enough to be successful in this league. With proper anticipation, anything can be done. And maybe it gives him an advantage in the touch department, where some strong-armed QBs struggle to take a little off of their throws to drop it in a bucket (I'm not looking at you, Colin...). But still, while adequate, I wouldn't call his arm strength, well, a strength. It is a limitation, however minor it might be, if he develops everything around it. I love CJ. I don't think he's that type that can be flipped for a first rounder down the road, though. But in the meantime, I'm quite happy with him backing up Jimmy. CJ looks a really good team player. Probably the toughest guy on the team.

7 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Titans sign Gabbert to back up MariGOATa.

That nickname though ?

I just want the Titans QBs to go to a protest where Blaine would get injured. We could then nickname them Marcus MaRIOTa and Blaine Gabbhurt.

So the Pats use Cooks for a year and then recoup the first they basically used to get him lol. Actually ended up getting a higher pick in 2018 than they gave up last year.

So if OBJ is to be traded and the Rams are out of the race, then that means.......

Archived