Around the NFL

Forge

1 minute ago, mrscottso said:

Would we be interested in trading for him?

As fans? Yes. Do I think that the team would have really have interest in trading for him or putting a call in? Somehow, I don't think so...but that's just my own gut feeling. 

Even if a trade for Beckham could be reached, I have to imagine that it's not going to happen any time soon. Team trading for him would want to work out an extension first off, I would imagine, and I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility that any team trading for him would want to see if there is any disciplinary action coming down the pipeline from the instagram video. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

As fans? Yes. Do I think that the team would have really have interest in trading for him or putting a call in? Somehow, I don't think so...but that's just my own gut feeling. 

yeah I agree. I do want him but I don't see a scenario where we send pick #9 for him and I get it, he's probably better than most of the guys we could pick but the honest truth is we seem really content with Garcon/Taylor/Goodwin.

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah I agree. I do want him but I don't see a scenario where we send pick #9 for him and I get it, he's probably better than most of the guys we could pick but the honest truth is we seem really content with Garcon/Taylor/Goodwin.

And from what Garoppolo did with just Taylor/Goodwin and backups....whoa!

guys I don't know about you all, but the rams are loading up on talent and it bothers me

I don't see us making moves to counter these movements either. 

with addition of Talib, Peters, Suh and now possibly trying to get OBJ. they are building a super team that is really scary on paper. 

3 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

guys I don't know about you all, but the rams are loading up on talent 

with addition of Talib, Peters, Suh and now possibly trying to get OBJ. they are building a super team that is really scary on paper. 

I'm not worried. I didn't view us as having a playoff caliber team this year anyway. Suh is on a one year deal. Talib's deal has 2 years remaining, but he's going to have to play at a very high level to make that second year worth it, and even if he did, given his age and position, could easily fall off a cliff the second year. The OBJ talk is fun, but I don't think that happens. Apparently they are willing to offer up pick 23, however, so who knows. 

I'm a little torn on the matter. OBJ might be a risky guy. He's kinda volatile. But then again, how often can talents of his caliber be acquired? And even better if it means our rival doesn't get to add him to their roster. And even better if it helps us beat one of their strengths, aka the two top corners they just acquired. 

Would you guys do #9 and a third for OBJ and their second? Add Armstead!

16 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'm a little torn on the matter. OBJ might be a risky guy. He's kinda volatile. But then again, how often can talents of his caliber be acquired? And even better if it means our rival doesn't get to add him to their roster. And even better if it helps us beat one of their strengths, aka the two top corners they just acquired. 

In a heartbeat. Get their 2nd? That's a super high 2nd rounder. 

I think it would take the 9th and our 3rd to get him with possibly getting a 4th in return at best. 

2 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

guys I don't know about you all, but the rams are loading up on talent and it bothers me

It really looks to me like they watched Phillie do it and are trying to copy that kind of approach. Makes all the sense in the world to me once you lock in your franchise QB.

30 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

To me these kinds of things always come down to looking at two kind of budget - draft choices and cap dollars. There's no doubt about his talent level, and of course offsetting worries about potential suspensions, etc. But number 1 WRs are expensive and he's alreadyu indicated he's not playing for the money that's in his contract.  So how much does he want? I wonder sometimes if any WR is worth the kind of money that goes into long term WR contracts.

8 hours ago, big9erfan said:

To me these kinds of things always come down to looking at two kind of budget - draft choices and cap dollars. There's no doubt about his talent level, and of course offsetting worries about potential suspensions, etc. But number 1 WRs are expensive and he's alreadyu indicated he's not playing for the money that's in his contract.  So how much does he want? I wonder sometimes if any WR is worth the kind of money that goes into long term WR contracts.

He's said he wants 20 million I'm pretty sure, whether he'll budge from that number or not who knows

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In a heartbeat. Get their 2nd? That's a super high 2nd rounder. 

I think it would take the 9th and our 3rd to get him with possibly getting a 4th in return at best. 

You forgot Arik Armstead's immense value! We can also add Zane Beadles. They need interior OL help, now that they lost Richburg and Pugh! I wouldn't be opposed to also including Jimmie Ward. AND Tomlinson! Heck, Joe Williams too. Who else? Nick Mullens? We're getting closer to fair compensation, aren't we?!

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Jimmy G don't need no stinkin' 15+ mil per yr receiver to throw to. 

Protect the Jimmy.

Get the best protection for Jimmy.

.. and Jimmy will MAKE the 15+ mil per yr receivers to trade off for high picks later to other teams. 

giphy.gif

Love this idea!

Archived