Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is why I am a Sam guy. Sam is extremely cool under pressure. As a qb if we had 3 bad years (impossible right?) I think Sam would do best under that pressure. 

The worst would be Baker and Rosen. Rosen is happy to run his mouth off. Baker is similar in that regard as well. 

- Totally agree with the fact that Darnold is cool under pressure, I always noticed that he never takes his eyes away from down field, he damn near has an eagle eye, he sees all of the field and always finds someone open under pressure.

- Totally disagree about Mayfield and Rosen, Mayfield handled himself pretty well at tOSU and against Georgia this year in a loss. Also there was no worse pressure than being down 44-17 late in the 3rd QT against Texas A&M, Rosen didn't say a single word, he just put his team on his back and won the game.

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Cam Newton. Matthew Stafford. Even to an extent, last year Deshaun Watson.

Those are three guys just off the top of my head. And Newton and Watson had much easier throws to complete in college playing in spread systems. Stafford and Allen played in pro style schemes that asked them to thread the needle down the field much more often than the other two.

Add Matt Ryan, 59.3 comp% and 19 ints senior year at BC

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-have-reportedly-considered-drafting-two-quarterbacks-with-high-round-picks/

First I've heard of this.  Provides many examples, including the well-known RGIII/Cousins, as well as Aikman/Steve Walsh from 1989.

No harm in it, though I don’t see where we currently have the right draft pick to use on a guy. Anything 64 and above is far too valuable than to drop on a backup in a draft where we are taking a Franchise QB #1 overall. But our next pick after that puts us out of range of the one or two guys I like.

I am a big Luke Falk fan, but probably not in Cleveland. He’s a perfect Patriot in my opinion.

Maybe Kyle Allen before the end of the draft as the project QB flyer.

36 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I am a big Luke Falk fan, but probably not in Cleveland. He’s a perfect Patriot in my opinion.

Maybe Kyle Allen before the end of the draft as the project QB flyer.

- God, I just see a bigger Cody Kessler in Falk

- Now Kyle Allen, I could see that, does have arm talent, he just needs loads of refinement. I personally thought him and Major Applewhite would have been more productive combination

- Also remember, we have been sniffing around Chase Litton

Member when Peter King (you know the guy that’s always right?9_9) said last week that it will be Allen according to a friend of Dorsey?  Well yesterday he said nobody knows who the qb is. 

Have we learned enough yet that we shouldn’t believe anything we hear?

btw I’m hearing Chubb at one. Not liking that. At 4 sure. 

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- God, I just see a bigger Cody Kessler in Falk

- Now Kyle Allen, I could see that, does have arm talent, he just needs loads of refinement. I personally thought him and Major Applewhite would have been more productive combination

- Also remember, we have been sniffing around Chase Litton

Falk has a limited arm for sure. That’s why I don’t like the fit in Cleveland and why I mentioned the Pats.

He throws with anticipation, which most QBs in this class do not. He is accurate, and can run the play how it is written up. He apparently has also taken on replicating Brady’s methods in his personal life, to the point of trying to be a carbon copy. I ain’t mad at that.

He beat Darnold and Rosen in college. He’s played a ton of games and had a ton of production.

He’s been knocked about a ton though, so he might be damaged goods.

If I were the Pats, I’d take him. I haven’t seen a ton of Lauletta but from what I have, it comes across a bit more like people wanting him to be the next Garoppolo, rather than him actually showing it.

If we draft a 2nd QB this year I want Mike White from Western Kentucky.

Are we actually going to carry 4 guys though? If not then it would be a wasted pick. Taylor and #1 overall are a lock and Drew Stanton was signed to serve a valuable purpose in aiding the preparation of #1 and allowing #1 overall to sit in the event of a Taylor injury.

I see no room for a 4th QB.

I didn't want to post this because I have never been the type to pretend to have sources in the NFL because I don't and I have always been prideful in that my evaluations, predictions and ideas I come up with on my own. Right or wrong in those evaluations and predictions I am not afraid to stick my neck out and own it because they were mine. All that being said this is not something I am willing to stick my neck out on because it came from an ex-player of mine who now works ON THE BUSINESS SIDE for the Miami Dolphins. Again he works on the business side and is not claiming to know anything at all. Anyway, Tuesday night he messaged me and said he was hearing chatter of the Dolphins and Browns working on a deal to move up for Saquan Barkley at #4 if he is still on the board. Take it for what it is worth.

I would think if Miami was crazy enough to move up it would be for a QB but then I remembered how the Dolphins operate and how nothing they do ever makes any sense whatsoever and in the last few days I decided it might just be crazy enough to be true.

33 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I didn't want to post this because I have never been the type to pretend to have sources in the NFL because I don't and I have always been prideful in that my evaluations, predictions and ideas I come up with on my own. Right or wrong in those evaluations and predictions I am not afraid to stick my neck out and own it because they were mine. All that being said this is not something I am willing to stick my neck out on because it came from an ex-player of mine who now works ON THE BUSINESS SIDE for the Miami Dolphins. Again he works on the business side and is not claiming to know anything at all. Anyway, Tuesday night he messaged me and said he was hearing chatter of the Dolphins and Browns working on a deal to move up for Saquan Barkley at #4 if he is still on the board. Take it for what it is worth.

I would think if Miami was crazy enough to move up it would be for a QB but then I remembered how the Dolphins operate and how nothing they do ever makes any sense whatsoever and in the last few days I decided it might just be crazy enough to be true.

They did move up a few years back for Dion Jordan. So they have a history of non-QB moves.

I think Saquon is a borderline lock at #2 at this point. Which will be hilarious because it will leave #4 as the best spot for teams to move up to to get whoever the #3 QB ends up being. Eeeexcellent.

35 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Appreciate the info. Certainly would be shocking to see a team move up for a RB when there would be a 4th QB still available. But it is the Dolphins.

I wouldn’t mind having their first rounder next year. It shouldn’t be very good.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Appreciate the info. Certainly would be shocking to see a team move up for a RB when there would be a 4th QB still available. But it is the Dolphins.

I wouldn’t mind having their first rounder next year. It shouldn’t be very good.

Actually, it should be very good.  

giphy.gif

Archived