Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

2 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Rodgers just turned 34 in December. He's almost 5 years younger than Brees, so don't hold your breath on him aging out of the top of the passer charts. 

Rodgers has been banged up more than Brees, and more recently too. I wouldn’t be shocked if Rodgers either started to fall off or retired before he reaches Brees’ age. 

15 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Rodgers just turned 34 in December. He's almost 5 years younger than Brees, so don't hold your breath on him aging out of the top of the passer charts. 

So 35 next year.

I mean, It wouldn't be terrible to draft a QB early if one slide. Then again I still don't think this team is as talented as that one when they drafted Rodgers.

Also, Favre took a beating every single year.

26 minutes ago, Krauser said:

What matters most is Rodgers' mobility.  With his Favre-like arm, he'll be fine on that front, but what will matter most is his ability to move in the pocket, as that's where he's deadly.  

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

So 35 next year.

I mean, It wouldn't be terrible to draft a QB early if one slide. Then again I still don't think this team is as talented as that one when they drafted Rodgers.

Also, Favre took a beating every single year.

That team ended up going 4-12. This team is way better than the 2005 team.

35 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Rodgers has been banged up more than Brees, and more recently too. I wouldn’t be shocked if Rodgers either started to fall off or retired before he reaches Brees’ age. 

Let's face it, either Rodgers needs to start redeveloping his game as a more pure pocket passer, or the end of his career is going to come fairly quickly. Rodgers style doesn't age well. Look at Steve Young, what did he last? 9-10 years as a starter? Rodgers either has to start to change his game or realize that this isn't going to last too long.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

yeah you are right... that's when y'all got the great AJ Hawk

Yep, and there's people in the Packer forum dying for a chance to draft Roquan Smith. SMDH, highest we have picked in 9 years and they want an ILB. There's almost always a better choice than going off LOS LBer in the top 15.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Sure, you can like Barr, he's a good player. But you'd rather have Aaron Donald. Kind of see my point? I'm not saying that all these LBers are bad, but generally speaking there is a better option.

I wanted Donald.

Stated in a few threads and were in the argument back them about QB vs. LB and I wanted him

At the time tho, we did have a healthy Sharrif Floyd. So I understand not going that direction.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wanted Donald.

Stated in a few threads and were in the argument back them about QB vs. LB and I wanted him

At the time tho, we did have a healthy Sharrif Floyd. So I understand not going that direction.

I know, but this is why BPA is important. Daniels is locked up, Clark is young and promising, yet if there was an Aaron Donald in this draft and we could have him at 14, I'd go nuts if we passed on him. Especially DL/Rush, they substitute so much, you need depth and quality depth at that. It's not like QB/LT/FS where you never rotate guys in and out.

1 minute ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I know, but this is why BPA is important. Daniels is locked up, Clark is young and promising, yet if there was an Aaron Donald in this draft and we could have him at 14, I'd go nuts if we passed on him. Especially DL/Rush, they substitute so much, you need depth and quality depth at that. It's not like QB/LT/FS where you never rotate guys in and out.

No doubt, that is the reason why I wanted him especially with how much Zimmer does rotate defensive lineman, at least he did when he was with the Bengals.

At the time tho was Chad Greenway (falling off and aging), Erin Henderson (who was booted from the team in the offseason), and Marvin Mitchell (absolute garbage). So I still do get it. While we did get lucky and it worked out for us, many times it usually doesn't make the pick worth it. Currently Barr is playing at a level that we did draft him at, this year anyway, and we are pretty thankful for at least getting him.

2 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Yep, and there's people in the Packer forum dying for a chance to draft Roquan Smith. SMDH, highest we have picked in 9 years and they want an ILB. There's almost always a better choice than going off LOS LBer in the top 15.

While your reasoning is sound, I thought Hawk did a solid job at LB for a long time.  Definitely not a wasted pick but you are right, that is too early to draft an ILB.