Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

when it comes to cuisine, give me a local place any time that has developed its own menu, based on its strengths. not a corporate chain, churning out the same product in a thousand different locations.

Here in KC, people certainly know about their BBQ...I'm not a huge fan of it, but the best here is Joe's...people like to talk about Jack Stack, but I think it's crap compared to Joe's.  For Mexican, it's K-Macho's for me.  And if you want pizza...Rosati's is the best I've had since I used to eat Davanni's and Broadway Pizza up in MN.  All local places.  So, if you ever get to KC, those are my recommendations.  :D

10 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Here in KC, people certainly know about their BBQ...I'm not a huge fan of it, but the best here is Joe's...people like to talk about Jack Stack, but I think it's crap compared to Joe's.  For Mexican, it's K-Macho's for me.  And if you want pizza...Rosati's is the best I've had since I used to eat Davanni's and Broadway Pizza up in MN.  All local places.  So, if you ever get to KC, those are my recommendations.  :D

I'll be through KC tomorrow around lunch on my way to the Division 1 FCS national championship game. Will try to stop at Joe's. Thanks for the timely advice.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I'll be through KC tomorrow around lunch on my way to the Division 1 FCS national championship game. Will try to stop at Joe's. Thanks for the timely advice.

Be prepared to stand in line though, especially if you go to the original one (which was originally a gas station)...all 3 have lines, but I think the one off of Roe Avenue in Leawood would probably have the shortest line. 

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

Be prepared to stand in line though, especially if you go to the original one (which was originally a gas station)...all 3 have lines, but I think the one off of Roe Avenue in Leawood would probably have the shortest line. 

I'll go to the one that I see about a mile off my path from MN to TX. I don't know if that is the original or one of the others. Leaving around 6 in the AM so I might get there a bit after the main lunch rush. Hopefully that helps reduce the line.

Bob McGinn✔@BobMcGinn

Looks like it'll be GM Ball and Exec VP Gutekunst in Green Bay, leaving McCarthy to make decision whether he wants to continue coaching #Packers or not.

Jason B. Hirschhorn✔@by_JBH

Further down in the McGinn story: McCarthy directed his anger with the Packers' conservative approach to free agency at Ball. That suggests that the team won't take a more aggressive approach this offseason.

Edited by vike daddy

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well thats pretty ugly for them. Dom's guy and been there since '09, so.... go ahead and keep that same defense

I agree, good hire for the NFC. Seems like a typical Packers move though, hire from within. I don't like this strategy, doesn't seem like they truly want to overhaul the defense. Which they ought to do.

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Why don't you like this strategy for a division rival? :D

Just like I tried to tell a Packers fan over the whole Ted Thompson thing, we can be objective, despite being rivals...and if I were a fan of the Packers, I'd be disappointed in that type of move on the defensive side of the ball, as it's clearly not been working.  How many people in our forum were clamoring for a change from the Cover-2 for years...and then they just continued it under Frazier.  That was no different.  

Edited by disaacs