Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I think Rodgers could ask for stupid money and get paid by the Packers, but he also should know that the team is already not great and him taking more money will only further exacerbate the situation. I could see a possibility of him asking for a trade if there aren't moves made this offseason (GM, coaching, etc). He might lose faith in the team being able to support him and I think he knows that is currently the situation he is in. So in my opinion, he'll either go for the money and stay put, or he'll want to go after championships and ask to be moved (if he asks for a trade, the Packers should send him to the Browns A) out of spite and B) because the Browns are so desperate for success that they could easily throw their wealth of high draft picks at the Packers to make that trade happen).

This is a really great idea: we all know the Tedster craves draft picks like Dracula craves human blood.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

How many teams are a QB away from competing and can afford to take on likely the richest contract in NFL history.

I think one could argue that Rodgers could carry a  mediocre team a long ways, as he has been doing with the Packers for a while now.  Especially one that drafts well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The trade of Rodgers ain't gonna happen, so no need to speculate.  What the Packers need to happen is to fire Dom Capers and have Ted Thompson slink off into retirement.  

Probably the best thing for the Packers would be moving on from Capers and getting some new energy in the front office.

The Packers are going to have at least one change on their coaching staff this offseason. According to Chris Vannini of The Athletic, wide receivers coach Luke Getsy is going to Mississippi State as offensive coordinator and receivers coach.

The 33-year-old Getsy got a quality control job with the Packers in 2014, and was named receivers coach in 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/report-packers-wr-coach-headed-to-mississippi-state/

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Packers are giving wide receiver Davante Adams a long-term contract extension which will be worth around $14 million a year. The deal will reportedly be for four or five years, and represents a huge investment for the future for a team that has generally taken care of its own receivers.

They’ve also committed to Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson in recent years, though this might not be a good sign for Cobb’s future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/29/packers-give-davante-adams-massive-contract-extension/

On 12/29/2017 at 5:32 PM, vikingsrule said:

Can't see Cobb returning, he should be released. Nelson probably needs to take a paycut.

I'd much rather we extend the 27 year old Cobb 2/3 more years at a lower number and get rid of the soon to be 33 year old Nelson, if we have to lose one. I'd like to have both next year though.