Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Since we're at it though:

Newton trolled Matthews hard lol

I saw it on Twitter last night...I didn't actually think it was real at first.  ;)  What makes it even worse is that Leber said they wouldn't have even covered the wheel route either...so, they got burnt on both ends.  

Edited by disaacs

We won’t see Aaron Rodgers again in 2017.

The Packers announced on Tuesday that they have placed Rodgers on injured reserve less than a week after he returned to the active roster from another stint on the list. Rodgers missed eight weeks after breaking his collarbone and was less than 100 percent recovered when he made the start against the Panthers last Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/packers-place-aaron-rodgers-on-injured-reserve/

Edited by vike daddy

On 12/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, SteelKing728 said:

After tonight, Packer fans like the one above will have the rest of season to blantantly troll everyone else while their team is sitting on the couch watching the playoffs.

Be the first time in almost 10 years we've had this opportunity. I'm excited to get a taste of what life as a a Vikings fan is like.

:D

• Like 2

Vikings fans will be getting trolled hardcore all offseason if they don't win the super bowl.

Could you imagine though if they win and case keenum has a many rings a Aaron Rodgers? 

If the Vikings win the super bowl, opponent trash talkers will need to come up with some new material. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

brutal commentary.

Brutally honest, and on the mark.  If Rodgers had the Vikings D behind him, he would pretty much march to the NFC Championship every year.  They really are wasting his talent in GB, and like the commentators said, this all falls on TT and Capers.

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I believe that the guaranteed money portion of Rodgers’ contract is done after this year, and given the contracts handed out to Carr and Stafford, I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest to see him ask for a new contract. And I would be shocked if it got ugly. 

The Packers have drafted poorly in recent years and won't be very active in free agency as usual. They can afford to pay Rodgers what he wants. Especially after they dump bad contracts like Cobb and Matthews.

28 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The Packers have drafted poorly in recent years and won't be very active in free agency as usual. They can afford to pay Rodgers what he wants. Especially after they dump bad contracts like Cobb and Matthews.

I think Rodgers could ask for stupid money and get paid by the Packers, but he also should know that the team is already not great and him taking more money will only further exacerbate the situation. I could see a possibility of him asking for a trade if there aren't moves made this offseason (GM, coaching, etc). He might lose faith in the team being able to support him and I think he knows that is currently the situation he is in. So in my opinion, he'll either go for the money and stay put, or he'll want to go after championships and ask to be moved (if he asks for a trade, the Packers should send him to the Browns A) out of spite and B) because the Browns are so desperate for success that they could easily throw their wealth of high draft picks at the Packers to make that trade happen).