Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

50 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Wonder if Rodgers looks for a new deal this offseason....especially with Stafford now making more than him.

Not likely after this season, considering he's still got 2 years left on his deal and his signing bonus comes off the Packers' cap after this year.  After next year though, all bets are off.

2 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I wonder if GB would have done much better this year hadn't Rodger got hurt.  They don't seem as solid as they did in the past.  So, Rodgers may not have carried them to a much better record.  Just wondering aloud.

Yes, they probably would have, considering he is the straw that stirs the drink.  I don't think they've been a full, solid team in probably 5 years...he's just carried them, acting as a facade over a paper-thin talent of a team.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, disaacs said:

Yes, they probably would have, considering he is the straw that stirs the drink.  I don't think they've been a full, solid team in probably 5 years...he's just carried them, acting as a facade over a paper-thin talent of a team.  

I agree they'd do better with him than without him.  But I think it might not be much better, as some think, because his supporting cast is weaker than in prior years, which we both agree on.

2 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I agree they'd do better with him than without him.  But I think it might not be much better, as some think, because his supporting cast is weaker than in prior years, which we both agree on.

Fair enough.  I think they'd probably be 8-3 at this point and probably would finish 11-5 (just based off their schedule) with him, but now without him, I think they'll likely finish 7-9.