Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

The Packers placed running back Ty Montgomery on injured reserve, promoting wide receiver Michael Clark to take his place.

Montgomery has dealt with a wrist injury off and on since early in the season, via Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. He first showed up on the injury report after leaving the Sept. 28 game against the Bears.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/01/packers-place-ty-montgomery-on-ir-sign-michael-clark/

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Is anyone actually afraid of playing the Rodgers led Packers this year? I'm not. That team is depleted. I say keep winning, get a lesser pick. Might make that Lambeau game more interesting.

I will never root for the Packers. They can have all the #1 overall picks they want. As long as they keep losing and earning the spot again not at all unlike the Browns from Cleveland. I am not afraid of Ted Thompson having the first overall pick. He got Aaron Rodgers and never was able to build a great team around him. If not for Rodgers, what Thompson builds with his draft picks would be a perennially below .500 team.

I am considering joining the Vikings fans in support of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy fan club. 

Go Bucs!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Is anyone actually afraid of playing the Rodgers led Packers this year? I'm not. That team is depleted. I say keep winning, get a lesser pick. Might make that Lambeau game more interesting.

They'd probably be 10-1 right now without the Rodgers injury. At worst they are 9-2.

24 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't see it. I think you're overrating GB a bit. 

Oh Green Bay is terrible without Rodgers. McCarthy is a joke, Dom Capers has no business in the league as a DC, their best defensive players (Daniels and Clinton-Dix) have regressed, their best CB survives off unsustainable turnovers, their best pass rusher is extremely hot and cold etc. (That's only on the defense too)

Rodgers is so good though that he can masks the teams deficiencies in the regular season.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet

For the #Packers and QB Aaron Rodgers, many factors will go into him actually playing — including the scan, the team’s standing. Today, he practiced a little and obviously not with the first-team. It merely means he hasn’t had any setbacks. He’s on schedule.