Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Rodgers: "I want to be healthy; that’s the most important thing. But if we’re healthy in eight weeks and it would make sense to come back, then I’m going to come back. There won’t be a decision made until that bone is healed, so it’s not even a conversation if it’s not where it needs to be.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/03/aaron-rodgers-if-im-healthy-and-it-makes-sense-ill-come-back/

The Green Bay Packers have activated LB Vince Biegel from reserve/physically unable to perform, signed LS Derek Hart, signed CB Donatello Brownicon-article-link.gif to the active roster from the practice squad, signed TE Emanuel Byrd to the practice squad and placed S Kentrell Briceicon-article-link.gif and LS Taybor Peppericon-article-link.gif on injured reserve. The transactions were announced Friday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-activate-LB-Biegel-sign-LS-Hart-and-CB-Brown/f78b8530-4598-40a0-8183-3a2256acd03e#ixzz4xTiElGSF

The Packers lost their third straight game since Brett Hundley took over for an injured Aaron Rodgers on Monday night, but coach Mike McCarthy says he still thinks he has the right guy under center.

McCarthy: “I believe in Brett, and that’s not just a press conference statement. He’s got what it takes. He has it in his body, he has it in his mind, and he definitely has the heart.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/07/mike-mccarthy-i-believe-in-brett-hundley/

The Rodgers injury very well could, and probably should, cost McCarthy his job. 

The games against New Orleans and Detroit have shown how much McCarthy depended on Rodgers, and how poor of a coach he is. For years we’ve seen Packers fans criticize McCarthy for his decisions to keep coaches like Dom Capers, who’s flailing defense has cost them a number of games, especially in the playoffs. But over the past two games, we’ve seen McCarthy roll out a game plan that looks virtually identical to a game plan they’d run with Rodgers. There hasn’t appeared to be any changes to the game plans to make things easier for Huntley, or to give him help. Which means McCarthy is actually expecting Huntley to replace, and play like Aaron Rodgers. Which is just mind bogglingly bad coaching. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 9:51 AM, disaacs said:

I think even moreso, it's the beginning of the end of Ted Thompson in Green Bay, as this Rodgers' situation will tremendously expose how thin that organization is in talent...and how much has been covered up by Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy.  

It's becoming more evident as each week passes.  

53 minutes ago, disaacs said:

It's becoming more evident as each week passes.  

I think Ted Thompson retiring is the only way GB gets rid of him.

the Packers are a tired team in my opinion. Coaching is stale, front office has become questionable, the team is awful if Rodgers goes down. Now I know it's commonly argued that because Rodgers is elite, it's hard to afford other players. This simply isn't true, look at the difference in pay between Rodgers and Bradford in 2017. 

I think Capers could be fired as the scape goat for McCarthy. They'd probably bring back McAdoo when he's fired to help run the offense again. Thompson surely has to be thinking about retirement and that's probably going to be a great thing for GB. 

The packers are irrelevant without Rodgers. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The packers are irrelevant without Rodgers. 

as you know better than anyone here, the mistake the Packers made was that they did not diversify their portfolio of players.

their blue chip investment, that created all their dividends, crashed.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 7:32 PM, vikingsrule said:

How'd you feel towards Favre?

I guess I can echo a lot of what has been said. There are very few players I respect as much as Favre. Sure the indecisiveness about playing must have been annoying, I get that. Just don't feel the same towards Rodgers as I did Favre. Rodgers is a damn good QB, probably better than Favre when it's all said and done, just don't think he meant as much to the Packers and the NFL as Favre did.

Loved Favre, but it became clear that whole "aw shucks" vibe was a bit of a marketing act. He had his own locker room, and manipulated his way to your team to stick it to the Packers (i.e. the people of Wisconsin). Can look back on him fondly with thanks for a fun 15 years, but the whole "special" larger than life thing turned out to be a bit of an illusion (that we were guilty of perpetuating too).

Rodgers is a different and more thoughtful person. Somewhat private, so people find that off-putting. Probably more introverted. But he stood up against bigotry when a fan yelled something against a minority group, which deserves much props. He didn't have to do that. I also think he's pretty woke, so I respect that too.