Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

29 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

The NFL was all over the possible story of Aaron Rodgers making a heroic return ... but now that Green Bay's lost to the Panthers, they're already making excuses for him. If his collarbone "wasn't completely healed," what was he doing out there?

As long as Rodgers has enough strength in that arm to make NFL throws, he gives the their best chance at winning. That’s why he was out there. 

But if they are eliminated from playoff contention, and Rodgers truly isn’t 100%, it would be absolutely irresponsible of the Packers to play him, and risk another injury, for two meaningless games. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

As long as Rodgers has enough strength in that arm to make NFL throws, he gives the their best chance at winning. That’s why he was out there. 

But if they are eliminated from playoff contention, and Rodgers truly isn’t 100%, it would be absolutely irresponsible of the Packers to play him, and risk another injury, for two meaningless games. 

So I guess we're all rooting for the Falcons on Monday night ... not that I'm terribly worried about the Packers, with or without Rodgers, but I think a win by Atlanta would finish their playoff chances.

If he is healthy enough to play (obviously he is) it would be a pretty cowardly move for Rodgers to sit out while the rest of his team is battling every week. Is he too good to play for a non-playoff team?

If I was a player and a teammate just decided not to play because "there is no reason to", I would instantly lose any respect for that player.

No chance Rodgers doesn't play.

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If he is healthy enough to play (obviously he is) it would be a pretty cowardly move for Rodgers to sit out while the rest of his team is battling every week. Is he too good to play for a non-playoff team?

If I was a player and a teammate just decided not to play because "there is no reason to", I would instantly lose any respect for that player.

No chance Rodgers doesn't play.

That’s why the coach needs to make the decision, not the player. 

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If we posted something like that in their forum, you'd have 10 people crying over it. Haha

Ha, I was doing a little slight trolling over there yesterday. nothing serious, just getting everybody a little worked up while still giving credit to Rodgers...

It's all fun and games, can't take everything so serious.

• Like 1