Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Unless Fangio’s contract is up, or tied to John Fox, the Bears would be absolutely stupid to get rid of Fangio. As would any new Head Coach for them. 

His contract is up, and a new Bears coach would probably want to hire his own guy.

12 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I'd much rather we extend the 27 year old Cobb 2/3 more years at a lower number and get rid of the soon to be 33 year old Nelson, if we have to lose one. I'd like to have both next year though.

That was my first thought too.  Cobb has a lot left in the tank.  Nelson had a great run with the Pack, but it looks like he never really came back to 100% after that knee injury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

His contract is up, and a new Bears coach would probably want to hire his own guy.

While I understand that most new head coaches like to hire “their” guys, if a new head coach can’t see the level of coach that Fangio is, then I would guess it’s only a matter of time before that coach is looking for a new job. 

I think Fangio should get a legit shot at the Bears’ head coaching spot. But they’ll likely go after an offensive guy to work with Trubisky 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

That was my first thought too.  Cobb has a lot left in the tank.  Nelson had a great run with the Pack, but it looks like he never really came back to 100% after that knee injury. 

I like Jordy, easily my favorite Packer player (favorite Packer is Dom of course for obvious reasons lol).

Just now, perrynoid said:

I like Jordy, easily my favorite Packer player (favorite Packer is Dom of course for obvious reasons lol).

I'm hoping that maybe Mike McCarthy gets the axe in the offseason too and that we can swoop in and grab him for our OC, since Shurmur very well may be moving on due to his success this season.  Unfortunately, he will probably stay in GB, and even if he does get canned there, he may very well have head coaching offers from other teams.  He is a great QB coach.  (He learned a lot from Brett Favre).  ;)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 1:55 AM, vike daddy said:

After nine seasons with the Packers, defensive coordinator Dom Capers is not expected to return in 2018, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/31/report-dom-capers-out-in-green-bay/

Breaking news: Dom Capers' distant cousin, Don Cooper, is expected to replace him. NFL reporters attempted to interview Cooper; however he declined to comment, take off his hooded sweatshirt and dark sunglasses, or explain why he and his cousin have never been seen in the same place at the same time.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

Defensive coordinator Dom Capers isn’t the only assistant fired in Green Bay. Inside linebackers coach Scott McCurley and defensive line coach Mike Trgovac also were let go, Rob Demovsky of ESPN reports. Trgovac previously was mentioned as a possibility to replace Capers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/packers-fire-linebackers-defensive-line-coaches-too/