Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Imagine this scenario;

- San Francisco uses the franchise tag on Jimmy Garoppolo. 

- San Francisco shocks the football world and trades pick 1.9, plus many others, for Aaron Rodgers. With $113M in cap space they can easily give him the contract he wants. 

- San Francisco then trades Jimmy Garoppolo to the Cleveland Browns for pick 1.4. The Browns, also with $100M+ in cap space cap give Garoppolo the contract he wants. 

- The Packers then package picks 1.9 and 1.14 to the Cleveland Browns for pick 1.1, and draft Josh Rosen. 

The Packers don’t have to pay Rodgers an obscene amount of money, and still get a 21 year old franchise QB, which buys McCarthy and the new management in Green Bay a few years, and lots of cap space, to build up the team  

The 49ers instantly become Super Bowl contenders and can compete with the Rams and Seahawks each year.

The Browns and Hue Jackson get the QB that they covet, and a player who likely allows them to keep their jobs for the foreseeable future  

On something? Or on to something?

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

You just get the sense that Rodgers and the Packers are gearing up for a messy divorce. 

I’m waiting for Rodgers to see Kirk Cousins get $28Mper year in free agency, then demand a new contract near $30M per year. 

If Rodgers sees Cousins get 28 mil/yr, won't he want 35?  It will be interested to see what he perceives his value at, compared to the new regime in GB.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, vike daddy said:

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers thinks he has many good years left in him, but he’s not sure if all those years will be in Green Bay. Rodgers told the Associated Press that he wants to play as long as Tom Brady, but that he’s not sure if it will all be for one team. Rodgers remembers replacing Brett Favre, who was traded to the Jets before finishing his career with the Vikings.

Rodgers:  “I think you have to be humble enough to realize if it could happen to Brett, it can happen to you."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/aaron-rodgers-on-leaving-green-bay-if-it-can-happen-to-favre-it-can-happen-to-me/

and there it is. He has spoken and given it Life.

No, you and people who needs clicks exaggerating the context have given it life. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

No, you and people who needs clicks exaggerating the context have given it life. 

umm... i think his direct quote and his own words do have meaning, and meaning that has not yet been stated in his tenure with GB. it doesn't mean that he WILL leave the Packers at some point in his career, only that he sees it as a possibility, not an impossibility.

not sure what click baiting has to do with it, Rodgers was the one who said what he did publicly. knowing it would be recorded and repeated.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

New GM. He's going to want his own QB and eventually head coach. Rogers isn't happy there and he's a warm weather kinda guy. His best buddy on the team is probably a cap casualty. The receivers are slowing down. He doesn't have much of a run game. Green Bay probably doesn't want to pay him 30 million a season. His current gf lives in California. That's Aaron's home state in case you forgot. He may want to go back there and play or retire someday. :P

5 hours ago, TENINCH said:

New GM. He's going to want his own QB and eventually head coach. Rogers isn't happy there and he's a warm weather kinda guy. His best buddy on the team is probably a cap casualty. The receivers are slowing down. He doesn't have much of a run game. Green Bay probably doesn't want to pay him 30 million a season. His current gf lives in California. That's Aaron's home state in case you forgot. He may want to go back there and play or retire someday. :P

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-admits-hes-on-the-back-nine-of-my-career-wants-to-retire-a-packer/

im glad Viking fans know Rodgers’  intentions better than what he’s recently stated. All this from inferring something from a comment he made realizing his own humility on not having his spot forever. Me thinks this is jelly Viking fans only wanting a couple more years of Rodgers in GB instead of facing the likelihood of 5 or so more seasons.:P

Edited by ArthurPensky

methinks you like to make more comments about fans than football. seriously.

let's keep it to football. or Rodgers. or GB's new admins and what they might want to do.

the whole point is that even though Rodgers says he might like to retire as a Packer and play his entire career there, he realizes the execs might move on from him at some point. as they did with Favre, who was also iconic as a Packer. that's the point he was making.

Edited by vike daddy

10 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-admits-hes-on-the-back-nine-of-my-career-wants-to-retire-a-packer/

im glad Viking fans know Rodgers’  intentions better than what he’s recently stated. All this from inferring something from a comment he made realizing his own humility on not having his spot forever. Me thinks this is jelly Viking fans only wanting a couple more years of Rodgers in GB instead of facing the likelihood of 5 or so more seasons.:P

I wasn't being serious and no I'm not scared of a team that has maybe 4 good players.

• Like 1