Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Cleveland and trying to become Green Bay

Green Bay trying to become Cleveland.

I don't blame Wolf at all. Had to be pretty disappointing to not land the Packers job. Some people will question him going to Cleveland, but think of it this way, if Cleveland goes 6-10 or better, teams will be tripping all over themselves to give him some credit and hire him. He will be a GM sooner than later in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Browns are putting together a really nice front office. 

Still, the decision to keep Jackson as HC is mind boggling. 

He apparently really has people snowed, because he's probably the most mediocre HC in the NFL this side of Jeff Fisher.  

1 hour ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I don't blame Wolf at all. Had to be pretty disappointing to not land the Packers job. Some people will question him going to Cleveland, but think of it this way, if Cleveland goes 6-10 or better, teams will be tripping all over themselves to give him some credit and hire him. He will be a GM sooner than later in my opinion.

Cleveland is a good situation right now in that there is nowhere to go but up.  For the sake of the loyal Browns fan base, I hope he does well there.  It sounded like a lot of Packer fans wanted Wolf, so I was kind of surprised to hear that he wasn't hired for the job.  The choices you've been making in your staff seem to be good ones, though. 

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

He apparently really has people snowed, because he's probably the most mediocre HC in the NFL this side of Jeff Fisher.  

He’s not even close to mediocre. 

How can any organization expect players to listen to, or buy into, a coach who is not only 1-31 as a starter, but has said some of the things that Jackson has said. 

Cignetti was promoted to offensive coordinator, he held that position for 12 games. On December 7, 2015, Cignetti was fired by the Rams, the Rams rank 31st in yards per game (296.3), 32nd in passing yards per game (178) and first downs (175), and tied for 30th in offensive touchdowns (18).

On January 21, 2016, Cignetti was hired by the New York Giants to be their quarterbacks coach.

Hasn't done much outside of one good year with Sam Bradford.

48 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

No matter how bad he does Rodgers will make him look good.

I understand his main goal is to make Rodgers throw left handed!!!!!

9 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

He'll still be a hot commodity regardless of whether or not the Browns go 16-0 or 0-16.  Personally, I think he should have stuck it out another year in Green Bay but I can't blame him for leaving.  He'll be a GM within 2 years.

8 hours ago, Krauser said:

2012 Jets defense was actually 9th but ok. 

Now all GB needs is Revis in his prime, and/or Mario Williams in his prime. 

yeah, I just looked that up too because I questioned it.

Hardest issue is Pettines stubborn ability to stick to his single high safety and trust that. Relies on a great pass rush and dominant coverage CB's and a great coverage S.

The two of those things Packers have none of, and I really don't think HAHA can be a damn good coverage safety. Maybe he can turn it around this year, but he didn't play all that well this year.

8 hours ago, Krauser said:

Now all GB needs is Revis in his prime, and/or Mario Williams in his prime. 

Well, with a healthy Rodgers the Packers don't really need a top 3, 5 or maybe even 10 defense. While it would be nice for them, fielding a top 15 defense with a healthy Rodgers would probably have a pretty significant impact.

Edited by ArthurPensky