Is Earl Thomas worth #50?

Texas_OutLaw7

Do you give up #50 for ET?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up #50 for ET?

• Yes.
    • Maybe, it depends on how the draft is going the day of.
    • No, too much. Would give up at most a 3rd round pick.
    • No. Don't give up a pick, next year he signs here as a FA.
    • No. Don't want him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2018 at 03:06 AM

Frankly, I'm ok with trading for ET. Call it whatever you want...maybe it's the worst of all things, apathy. Don't know, don't care. I'll take a good player and see what happens. We've been pimping our drafting ability for years and Dallas is no further along than they were 10 years ago. Might even be behind considering the talent level is better overall. If nothing else, I've lined up my next HC with another good player. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Like I said, the bafoons will want the trade now that it makes no sense 

I have been a Cowboys fan my whole life, but if they trade for Earl Thomas when we could be one of the worst teams in the  NFL and need every draft pick we can get I will be done with this team for the foreseeable future.  Trading draft picks for players to try and improve this team is investing more in a coaching staff that is beyond redemption.  Instead we should have a fire sale on useless parts i.e.- Dak.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Like I said, the bafoons will want the trade now that it makes no sense 

Lets get him. At least there will be a little something to root for. 

As I said in earlier, a dude on Reddit who claims to know ET3 said he would be ours after this game. 

5 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

What’s the point of trading for ET now?  We could get him for FREE after the season is over.  With JG and SL, this team isn’t likely to make the playoffs.  So, why not keep the pick so the new coach can use it while still getting ET when it might actually matter?

I honestly don't even want to sink the free agent money into him.   Big contracts for 30 year olds are losing bets.

I think the dynamic has changed now that the K.C. Chiefs are in the running for Earl Thomas. What do you guys think about trading for him now? Because if K.C. gets him they will sign him to a long term deal. 

I think I would offer a 2nd and a 4th round pick for him now.  

On 9/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, Tony7188 said:

I think the dynamic has changed now that the K.C. Chiefs are in the running for Earl Thomas. What do you guys think about trading for him now? Because if K.C. gets him they will sign him to a long term deal. 

I think I would offer a 2nd and a 4th round pick for him now.  

Absolutely NOT. 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Then this team will be in the same position that we've been for over a decade. Where this team gets their season ruined by horrific safety play 

Our season is already ruined due to QB and coaching.

Why trade what looks like a premium pick for someone that albeit will help but not put us in contention for anything?

Unless were sure ET can play QB WR and Safety, we do not trade for him.

At this point, I wouldnt even sign him to the deal he is going to want in free agency.

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Then this team will be in the same position that we've been for over a decade. Where this team gets their season ruined by horrific safety play 

Getting ET isn't going to fix Jason Garrett, it's only going to prolong his employment. As a Eagle Fan , I endorse any trade that allows the Clapper to remain HC.

Get er done! ?

8 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Our season is already ruined due to QB and coaching.

Why trade what looks like a premium pick for someone that albeit will help but not put us in contention for anything?

Unless were sure ET can play QB WR and Safety, we do not trade for him.

At this point, I wouldnt even sign him to the deal he is going to want in free agency.

Because even with elite QB play, the safety position has killed us for years. I hear you though, we need a new QB and new coaches in a bad way. I would be okay with losing a 2nd (which was already offered) and a 4th rounder for Earl Thomas than to lose him to Kansas City.  We already know this front office doesn't value safeties in the draft, so I'm fine with a trade like this.  An elite defense paired with a strong running game can get you to the playoffs, even with mediocre QB play. 

9 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Because even with elite QB play, the safety position has killed us for years. I hear you though, we need a new QB and new coaches in a bad way. I would be okay with losing a 2nd (which was already offered) and a 4th rounder for Earl Thomas than to lose him to Kansas City.  We already know this front office doesn't value safeties in the draft, so I'm fine with a trade like this.  An elite defense paired with a strong running game can get you to the playoffs, even with mediocre QB play. 

I agree. I dont always agree with you, but I do right now. ET3 is elite and if he gets traded to KC, then we will probably go the next 5 years without elite FS play. 

And we know for a fact he is a scheme fit. 

Archived