Is Earl Thomas worth #50?

Texas_OutLaw7

Do you give up #50 for ET?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up #50 for ET?

• Yes.
    • Maybe, it depends on how the draft is going the day of.
    • No, too much. Would give up at most a 3rd round pick.
    • No. Don't give up a pick, next year he signs here as a FA.
    • No. Don't want him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2018 at 03:06 AM

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

True, but we dont know how much they were willing to pony up for Watkins. ET is going to want $12-$13 million a year.

Pretty sure we met his $16 mill a year requests. Or so the internet lead me to believe they did anyway, and if they were willing to pay that kind of money for him, then $12-13 mill for Earl Thomas is g'damn bargain (relatively).

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

Pretty sure we met his $16 mill a year requests. Or so the internet lead me to believe they did anyway, and if they were willing to pay that kind of money for him, then $12-13 mill for Earl Thomas is g'damn bargain (relatively).

Agreed. I wasnt aware they offered the same amount of money. Last I heard was he was too expensive for their liking.

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I said no before for a second, and I will say it again. Too much talent still there at rd 2 for a player that will ask for a ton of money who may want to retire in a few years anyway.

Too costly. Both in terms of pick and Thomas salary. Sure he would be great to have but how long would we get to keep him and at what price.  On the other side though it’s not like we’ve been killing it with our second rd picks of late though the jury is still out on Smith

Archived