College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I also remember pre-draft those on here (the vast majority and Bonanza included I think) were on the side of thinking that "wait till next year for a QB" is ALWAYS wrong (or at least more often than not a flawed way to think) for the very reason that "but by the time the draft roles around those prospects have had a chance to show their warts and may not be as good"

Wait? What? I have been and always will be on the "if there is a good QB that you think can be a franchise guy and you don't have one you take him" bandwagon. I have never been and never will be on the take a QB just to take a QB bandwagon. For some odd reason if I like a QB and someone does not, that someone believes I'm the guy that will take a QB just to take a QB. And I will always be the lets just wait and see who will actually declare for the draft guy to see how awesome the draft will be with QBs. I've seen tons of hype that gets blown to bits by end of the college season. With my attitude I'm neither disappointed nor excited. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im on the train of take two QB's until you have one. If we can get Darnold or Rosen or whoever teickles your fancy I say take them. If one is better than the other keep them. If they are both very and very young you maybe sitting on 6 1st of draft capital. 

Me tambien

Darnold has had a few issues with INTs so far (though a few of those have been tipped passes).

But his pocket presence and spatial awareness are right up there as elite as it gets in a college prospect. 

He's also got that clutch gene. 13 straight wins now.

I'd be completely shocked if he doesn't go #1 overall.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wait? What? I have been and always will be on the "if there is a good QB that you think can be a franchise guy and you don't have one you take him" bandwagon. I have never been and never will be on the take a QB just to take a QB bandwagon. For some odd reason if I like a QB and someone does not, that someone believes I'm the guy that will take a QB just to take a QB. And I will always be the lets just wait and see who will actually declare for the draft guy to see how awesome the draft will be with QBs. I've seen tons of hype that gets blown to bits by end of the college season. With my attitude I'm neither disappointed nor excited. 

My bad @Bonanza23....my apologies...I must've mis-remembered and grouped you in with the hoard.

I haven't had a real chance to look at some mid and late round guys. This is my overreaction offseason mock.

Free Agency:
*Sign Malcolm Butler to largest contract for a corner. Structure it so his cap hit isn't massive the last 1-2 years.
*Let Crowell walk. He's not going to be worth what he asks.
*Release Kenny Britt.

Draft:
1. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB / FS, Alabama 
2. Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana 
2. Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida
2. Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma 
3. Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest

We'd still have two 4ths, two 5ths, two 6ths, and a 7th.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I haven't had a real chance to look at some mid and late round guys. This is my overreaction offseason mock.

Free Agency:
*Sign Malcolm Butler to largest contract for a corner. Structure it so his cap hit isn't massive the last 1-2 years.
*Release Kenny Britt.

Draft:

I think unfortunately browns gonna be a top 10 pick

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Free Agency:
*Release Kenny Britt.

Draft:

Perfect draft except Antonio Callaway likes to smokey the naughty lettuce...and has been suspended a lot by Florida...

Switch out Callaway for Michael Gallup or Deon Cain..

1st round tandem of Saquan Barkley and Simmie Cobbs.

Rookie corners are worst than rookie TEs and have a much higher bust rate. Fix the offense so that they are on the field enough and score enough the defense is not always under constant stress and we'd be just fine.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Just realized that Ridley is 6'1.

He's my favorite WR of the draft, even if he will be 23 by the time April rolls around. He's 6'1, loves blocking, is great at catching the ball, and comes from a program that has put out Julio and Cooper recently.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's my favorite WR of the draft, even if he will be 23 by the time April rolls around. He's 6'1, loves blocking, is great at catching the ball, and comes from a program that has put out Julio and Cooper recently.

I don't want any more middling physical talents at wr, I want a 6'4 freak.

Archived