College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I know I fell in Love early with darnold but I’m not seeing a number one pick. He’s an USC qb and nothing more. 

As of now I’m predicting a massive backtrack with the “talking heads”. We are in the excuse making mode right now. Soon we’ll see the I never believed in him ploy. 

For those looking for the savior this year you may not get it. 

Fire Hue yeah!!

21 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I know I fell in Love early with darnold but I’m not seeing a number one pick. He’s an USC qb and nothing more. 

As of now I’m predicting a massive backtrack with the “talking heads”. We are in the excuse making mode right now. Soon we’ll see the I never believed in him ploy. 

Fire Hue yeah!!

Matters little. Most everything I am reading says we like Rosen.

Hue should resign to maintain some dignity.

22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Fire Hue yeah!!

I still think its Rosen. He has looked like the real deal since his Freshmen year. Plays in an NFL type system under a NFL HC. Has the game tape to prove it. Gotta love his 3years of film.

I like Darnold but I think he caught lightening in a bottle last year. Was able to take over in the middle of the season and cashed in on a bowl game to pick up hype. Some teams have caught on to him and has looked pretty avg at time. 

As a QB coming out of College, I see Rosen being a better Goff.

Take Barkley as your BPA guy unless you see Rosen or someone else as your franchise guy. If you do pass on QB, yet again, it has to be because you acquired a QB by some other means. There’s no way this regime (or the next, if Jimmy gets impatient) goes into next year with Kizer as Plan A. If Hue is back, he’s putting his HC career on the line based on next year.

I also get tired of the philosophy that you can’t draft a RB top 5. In Barkley, you have an APB that affects every play; both the running and passing games. This isn’t a knock on Garrett, because he was my pick. But ‘experts’ try to argue that you can draft a DE at 1 but not a RB that high? An elite RB can have the same level of impact on an offense over a 6-8 year period of time as any position outside of QB.

Saw the USC and ND score and the first two thoughts that popped in me head;

1) I need some popcorn because reading the Darnold hate is going to be good.

2) Funny how much better ND has looked without DeShone Kizer and Brian Kelly(The guy everyone blamed for Kizer's faults) is still the head coach.

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

I still think its Rosen. He has looked like the real deal since his Freshmen year. Plays in an NFL type system under a NFL HC. Has the game tape to prove it. Gotta love his 3years of film.

I like Darnold but I think he caught lightening in a bottle last year. Was able to take over in the middle of the season and cashed in on a bowl game to pick up hype. Some teams have caught on to him and has looked pretty avg at time. 

As a QB coming out of College, I see Rosen being a better Goff.

I haven’t seen enough of Rosen to offer an opinion yet. Hoping to start watching more of him. Btw I’m not off the Barkley errr Darnold bandwagon yet. 

53 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Rosen or Barkley.

Darnold has really elite potential, but he has some scary flaws in his game. Rosen is more polished.

I know the browns have a lot of holes but I would be alright drafting Rosen and trading up up for Barkley

Agree with that. Whilst he has obvious freaky ability, it's not really at that which makes an elite long term QB.

I'm still hoping for Darnold. I watched last nights game and it reinforced what I already knew. USC are poor. He wasn't bad. Wasn't great either but he's been playing QB for barely more than a couple of years.

54 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I know the browns have a lot of holes but I would be alright drafting Rosen and trading up up for Barkley

We aint gonna be able to aint nobody trading down hes gonna be the first non QB drafted. 

Keep watching Rosen he's ok but he aint all that man hes not more talented than Kizer 

Notre Dame looks better because they've got a true spread offense QB

Kelly was trying to play a pro style QB in a spread system on a young team

Kizer also went to the Fiesta bowl his RS Freshman year

Archived