2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

31 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I think the attempted move up was for Isaiah Oliver-CB as well..... The news that we where trying to trade up, came ~5minutes after the NFL panel was starting to throw Oliver's name around for teams' potential picks.  Especially considering we met with him..

Landry on the other hand, there are rumors circulating right now that it wasn't just his ankle this year, and that he ALSO had knee and back medical problems... I've long pounded the table for Landry, but if he's got that many medical issues you have to pass on him... He's got a deadly speed rush, but that kind of rushing style is going to be extremely sensitive to injuries taking a step or two away from him. It's one area where the teams have such a large advantage over the fans, they know so much more than we could hope to about the prospects medically.  Given the rumors I'll actually be surprised if our guy is Landry today (trade up or not)

That being said.... I might like Hernandez-OG more than Oliver. Guy is just a mean dude on the OL.... Tyrell Crosby-OT could be another one who would interest me heavily, and he's a good scheme fit coming from Oregon (and probably has experience with Helfriich)

We got the news the Bears were trying to move up after interior OL guys that people thought would be there in the second started coming off the board. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that spooked them quite a bit, and they're (still) hoping for that kind of player in the second. 

As to the rest of the draft--Ward was a surprise pick, but a good one, I think. The Broncos then turning around and getting Chubb simply because they could is incredibly stupid (and I even like Keenum quite a bit). The Giants were probably stuck with Barkley because the Bills and Cardinals had the board figured out because of Denver.

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We got the news the Bears were trying to move up after interior OL guys that people thought would be there in the second started coming off the board. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that spooked them quite a bit, and they're (still) hoping for that kind of player in the second. 

As to the rest of the draft--Ward was a surprise pick, but a good one, I think. The Broncos then turning around and getting Chubb simply because they could is incredibly stupid (and I even like Keenum quite a bit). The Giants were probably stuck with Barkley because the Bills and Cardinals had the board figured out because of Denver.

Am I reading this right?  How is getting arguably the best defensive player in the draft stupid?  If you're saying this because of Denver already having both Miller and Ray then that's not a good reason.  Ray hasn't been a consistent threat off the edge so far in his NFL career and looks to be more of a situational player.  Getting Chubb fortifies the pass rush for the next 4 years.

I don't blame Denver for passing on a QB there.  Aside from Mayfield and Darnold, I didn't have high grades on the other guys that went in the 1st.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Am I reading this right?  How is getting arguably the best defensive player in the draft stupid?  If you're saying this because of Denver already having both Miller and Ray then that's not a good reason.  Ray hasn't been a consistent threat off the edge so far in his NFL career and looks to be more of a situational player.  Getting Chubb fortifies the pass rush for the next 4 years.

I don't blame Denver for passing on a QB there.  Aside from Mayfield and Darnold, I didn't have high grades on the other guys that went in the 1st.

Because they already have Von Miller, the league has a salary cap, the Broncos aren't a second pass rusher away from getting to the Super Bowl, and there were two different teams looking to trade up to get a quarterback. 

If the Broncos didn't feel comfortable trading down, they should have taken Nelson. 

News Bears are moving up?  I'm not seeing this.  

1. Landry (I would trade up for him.)  Something medical holding him back?  I can't believe he is still on board.  He is a far better pass rusher coming out than Floyd coming out.  

2. Hernandez 

3. Oliver  

6 picks in front of us and only 3 names I really love this high and I don't expect them to last.  Arrrgh!

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

1. Landry (I would trade up for him.)  Something medical holding him back?  I can't believe he is still on board.  He is a far better pass rusher coming out than Floyd coming out.  

2. Hernandez 

3. Oliver  

6 picks in front of us and only 3 names I really love this high and I don't expect them to last.  Arrrgh!

I'll say Kirk, Key, Landry, Miller or Daniels are my top 5 at 39.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

2. Hernandez 

3. Oliver  

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

2. Hernandez 

3. Oliver  

Somebody said somewhere that Landry's medical is worse than we know. I haven't seen anything about the Bears moving up, but the way the draft has shaken out, they may well be better off if they do...

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Somebody said somewhere that Landry's medical is worse than we know. 

That makes more sense than him falling out of 1st round on ability.   I can see some people not liking him in top 15 for this or that reason, but no way do you pass on him for entire 1st unless its medical or conduct.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Miller (BR)- Oliver
Walter (WF)- Landry
Zierlein (NFLN)- Oliver
RJ White (CBS)- Daniels
Muench (ESPN)- Hernandez

...which means it'll be Guice xD

I'm really hoping for Oliver now...think he is better than either Alexander or Hughes by quiet some margin...that said I would be happy with Daniels or Hernandez as well...can't get away from the idea of how great an athletic 5 tech could be tho...the good news is we have plenty of options.

Archived