2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

I love the Roquan pick you guys. It's so funny, the other day, someone asked if he comped out to Willis with the 49ers. And of course, that's a definite no. But he does comp out very similarly to Navarro Bowman to be honest when Bow was coming out of PSU. Go back and compare the scouting reports, you'll see a lot of the same things in the pros and cons, right down to the "he's a WILL in a 4-3, don't know how he fits in a 3-4". Slight frame, etc. W orked out pretty freaking well for Fangio / niners / Bowman making that move. I love this pick. 

You guys have the ability to be sneaky good next year, seriously so long as Mitch is legit. 

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think you explore trading up for Landry.

If not stay put, or move down, and take advantage of the OL and WR talent that is floating around.

I love James Daniels.

There is a ton of day 1 starting OL talent there. Any of Daniels, Hernandez, Williams or Corbett and I’m thrilled. If that’s our target then I’d expect a trade down. If it’s Landry or Key or Carter or one of many WR or DBs then perhaps not. Really from the perspective of our next pick I’m fine moving back or standing pat. I’d rather we not move up given the depth of players right now who are both immediate need fillers and guys I rate very highly. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Who’s Green?

Hurst was drafted already

Rasheem Green from USC. Kind of the "mini" Taven Bryan. 6'4", 275 athletic and strong DE who is raw but has a lot of potential. If he went back to school and progressed at all he was looking at being a top 20 pick IMO.

Not Hayden Hurst the TE, Maurince Hurst the DT from Michigan. Doesn't really fit the 2 gap system but would be a one-gap penatrator that comes in for nickel and 3rd downs. I figure if I am willing to take an OLB who may only be a passrusher, why not a guy with a high ceiling as in interior lineman? As long as the QB is getting rocked, IDC where he plays. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Literally nobody who does this for a living, including a lot of long time scouts and former front office guys, had him as not a first round pick. 

Sometimes players slip on draft day for other reasons. It is not where Landry is picked but it is how he plays. If the Bears want they might be able to have both Smith and Landry.

6 hours ago, yomyyo said:

With the talent pool that remains, a trade down has to be a strong possibility. WR, OL, CB are all stacked. 

I agree, and this is Pace's last shot to get more picks.  I feel a lot better about the talent available for them in 2nd round than I did in the first, so either trade or pick once of the many good guys listed above makes me happy.

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

There is a ton of day 1 starting OL talent there. Any of Daniels, Hernandez, Williams or Corbett and I’m thrilled. If that’s our target then I’d expect a trade down. If it’s Landry or Key or Carter or one of many WR or DBs then perhaps not. Really from the perspective of our next pick I’m fine moving back or standing pat. I’d rather we not move up given the depth of players right now who are both immediate need fillers and guys I rate very highly. 

I am a little surprised by the lack of conviction on Landry.

I thought that he must be who they were trying to move up to get late 1. 

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Rasheem Green from USC. Kind of the "mini" Taven Bryan. 6'4", 275 athletic and strong DE who is raw but has a lot of potential. If he went back to school and progressed at all he was looking at being a top 20 pick IMO.

Not Hayden Hurst the TE, Maurince Hurst the DT from Michigan. Doesn't really fit the 2 gap system but would be a one-gap penatrator that comes in for nickel and 3rd downs. I figure if I am willing to take an OLB who may only be a passrusher, why not a guy with a high ceiling as in interior lineman? As long as the QB is getting rocked, IDC where he plays. 

His last name is Greene, not Green, that’s where I was confused. My bad

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am a little surprised by the lack of conviction on Landry.

I thought that he must be who they were trying to move up to get late 1. 

Thats my guess as well Windy, wouldnt shock me if they make a move at the top of the round to get him today.  However, with the plethora of interior ol talent left including some legit 1st round talent, it also wouldnt shock me to see them start trading back trying to get another day 2 pick.  Lots of good players on the board right now i could see them being high on.

Top 12 remaining - in no particular order:

OG Will Hernandez

OC James Baldwin

OT Connor Williams

EDGE Harold Landry

EDGE Kemoko Turay

DB Isaiah Oliver

DB Josh Jackson

RB Darrius Guice

RB Ronald Jones II

WR Christian Kirk

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Anthony Miller

There is a ton of talent still available.  Bears should be looking to trade down if Landry/Hernandez don't fall to them.

Archived