MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I don't really get it. He was afraid of a bunch of drunk Irishmen would rush the stage? Whatever.

I mean would you want thousands of drunk irish rushing you/throwing chairs, trash, anything at their disposal?

Just now, cddolphin said:

It doesn't matter who he was aiming at, he clearly wasn't concerned about the collateral damage.

Now the sucker punch Conor took wasn't cool at all. But that wasn't Khabib, it was his homie.

Khabib started this whole thing by jumping out of the octagon without reason

and his lackies followed suit

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

It doesn't matter who he was aiming at, he clearly wasn't concerned about the collateral damage.

Now the sucker punch Conor took wasn't cool at all. But that wasn't Khabib, it was his homie.

Yea, if Conor did this it'd be more cool. Conor is like that cool anti-hero guy who already won people over and can get away with all kinds of shiz.

this is like when the school bully picks on the dude who's secretly a proper fighter.

Conor ran around jumping in cages, acting like a prick, and attacking a bus of drained fighters with a mob of his own. he took 30 guys to attack Khabib in Brooklyn. he thought he was untouchable, but I think he picked on the wrong dude

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Not knowing anything about MMA, but watched the fight, how come?

Back in April, Conor got pissed at Khabib’s camp and stormed a bus where he and his team was. He threw a dolly through the window and the glass got in Ray Borg’s eye, causing him to be hospitalized and missed the fight. He also nearly hit Rose Namajunas, as well.

*clarified 

• Like 2

The rematch may do Floyd vs Conor type of numbers lol.

I don't see how it goes any different though. Conor even in the stand up game wasn't dominating, and that was mainly due to getting mauled on the ground and getting gassed. 

Khabib is a beast, but Tony is the one guy that can compete with him. 

GSP posted a picture of him a couple weeks ago in a sauna and the caption was like test weight cut or something. 

Will we see the biggest hero and most likable guy in UFC History GSP vs the most hated and most disliked guy in UFC History after tonight in Khabib?

Would be HUGE.  

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Was this good or bad for the UFC?

I'm gonna say good, because people will still understand that this is not how they operate and was a one time event (happened in the NBA, even worse), and it will help promote fights down the road and the UFC now has the biggest villain in all of sports (helps that he's Russian too).

Overall bad imo. Conor was the poster child and lost. Khabib fights a boring style(not to me but most) that I'd assume the majority don't care for and is still champ.

Could be wrong though. Think it would be great if Khabib was more of a boxer than a ground and pounder.

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

this is like when the school bully picks on the dude who's secretly a proper fighter.

Conor ran around jumping in cages, acting like a prick, and attacking a bus of drained fighters with a mob of his own. he took 30 guys to attack Khabib in Brooklyn. he thought he was untouchable, but I think he picked on the wrong dude

More like the cool jock guy everyone likes picks a fight with some dude for popularity reasons, but that dude turns out to be psycho af and he ain't bout dat life.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

theres rumors hes retiring anyway, he prob made 10 mil off this fight pretty easily.

I hope not....I think T Ferg is a great matchup and the eventual McGregor rematch buildup will at least be entertaining