MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, El ramster said:

I mean you’re right. But Conor look like Jv vs a Alabama. He never was close and Khabib clipped him. Conor’s tank is suspect as hell.

Give him 3 fights vs some so sos to build him

back up. It’ll be hard to resale that fam IMO

conor's tank looked legit af tonight. khabib is a ******* animal. it's the worst match-up for him that exists. conor is gonna be fine. 

Just now, Pats#1 said:

So Khabibs guys would have still jumped in the Octagon if he hadn’t attached one of McGregors teammates in the crowd?

C’mon....don’t be obtuse 

no, BUT that still doesn't mean it's Khabib's fault. It's not black and white like that.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

who cares about a crime. The ufc is a business, khabib jeopardized paying fans. there was a pretty big scuffle, youre clearly denying that which is absurd since its on tape. this would be day 1 of the easiest business class ever, dont harm customers.

Your argument gets even worse when you try to argue the business aspect of it: Conor Incident: Injured multiple fighters who were slated to fight and forced them to withdraw from a PPV. Khabib Incident: Injured no fans and caused the UFC to get a ton of free press and buzz. Continue with your weak arguments. Conor committed a crime and hurt the UFC's business.

Just now, jrry32 said:

There are things you can say to just about any man that will justify you getting your *** kicked. I know the consequences for fighting. I know how devastating they could be for my career. But there are a handful of things you could say to me that would not stop me from going after you.

Sure. And you would not be justified in those actions. Because like you said, it would destroy your career. If you were justified everyone would say how you were in the right and don't deserve any punishment for your actions. Unlike what Khabib did tonight.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This actually is quite the debate. Conor committed a crime and injured fighters in the process. What did Khabib do to any of the fans in the crowd? Nothing. You're right that this isn't a debate with a logical, unbiased person. What Khabib did isn't a crime and didn't hurt anyone.

If he landed a single punch it was a crime....at least that’s what you just said a couple minutes ago.

Just now, Glen said:

Sure. And you would not be justified in those actions. Because like you said, it would destroy your career. If you were justified everyone would say how you were in the right and don't deserve any punishment for your actions. Unlike what Khabib did tonight.

Legally, I would not be justified. But I expect the vast majority of people would say that I was morally justified to do what I did.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There are things you can say to just about any man that will justify you getting your *** kicked. I know the consequences for fighting. I know how devastating they could be for my career. But there are a handful of things you could say to me that would not stop me from going after you.

i mean, i got taught sticks and stones at like 6. You seem to be way behind the curve here, are you the guy thats way to old getting into bar fights?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, i got taught sticks and stones at like 6. You seem to be way behind the curve here, are you the guy thats way to old getting into bar fights?

I haven't been in a fight in over a decade. I just don't lie to myself.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So Conor is the only one who can escalate things? Conor attacked the bus (what would happen if they weren't in the bus yet?) because Khabib and company talked with Artem.

Neither is justified, however, this is worse.

Conor attacked a bus full of professional MMA fighters and some staff members.

Khabib jumped into the CROWD at an organised UFC event and started hammering on Conor's sparing partner.

I mean, dude. You won. Trash talk all you want now. Instead just after winning a fight, he.. started another fight?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Legally, I would not be justified. But I expect the vast majority of people would say that I was morally justified to do what I did.

Sure. But we live in the real world. Where your actions have consequences, and the opinion of the many sometimes doesn't actually matter. Legally Khabib was in the wrong. Morally as well imo.