MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I understand that it's a logical fallacy.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Gay people shouldn't get married because if we let a dude and dude get married what's to stop a man from marrying his daughter or marrying his cat or marrying a tree. It's just a slippery slope. This is why we aren't allowed to talk about certain topics here. Some people aren't equipped for it.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

No, those were terrible points. What, should the UFC publish a "do not trash talk" list? Certain topics are too taboo for adults to handle? What if they ban religious trash talk and Conor wears a big old crucifix to his next presser? Now you gotta ban religious symbols. Then Khabib's next opponent starts nibbling on some pork rinds during a presser. GASP that's a hate crime!! Cmon ya'll. Jesus.

To each his own I guess.

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not defending khabib, I think what he did was dumb. Just stating that what connor did could've killed someone even if it didnt.

Khabib could have landed on a persons head and broke their neck.....he also almost kled a guy I guess

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Gay people shouldn't get married because if we let a dude and dude get married what's to stop a man from marrying his daughter or marrying his cat or marrying a tree. It's just a slippery slope. This is why we aren't allowed to talk about certain topics here. Some people aren't equipped for it.

I’m not saying it isn’t a fallacy or the two are connected in the least....but we do have some crazy requests these asking to be recognized. The marrying your cat/tree isn’t exactly out of the rea of possibilities these days lol

Just now, jrry32 said:

You assume that I have any idea what the Mexican comments were.

Ah, so the context matters? There's wiggle room there.. better add to the rules to make things more clear.

Get it?

The UFC will never make rules regarding how far a player can go with his trash talk. They understand why, even if ya'll don't.