MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

UFC 196/202: McGregor vs Diaz were two events that were headlined by non-title fights. He's the biggest draw in the company so I understand why he doesn't want to be in the co-main event. The card will do at least 1-1.5M buys because Conor is fighting but that will be tied to two other fighters names. What fight are they going to put ahead of him? Usman vs Covington?

If the rumored July 6th card is true, there would probably be a pretty good fight as the main.

I think conor should just suck it up and fight in the Co-Main.

Who tf cares if you're still getting paid. The only people that could draw in enough money in my opinion to be on the same main event as Conor-Cowboy is Jon Jones or Khabib, or DC (DC is dependent on who he fights.)

I think it should only be a co-main though if the other main event is Lesnar-Cormier.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

One bad performance doesn't reflect his entire career. Plus, there was nothing in that fight that suggested he lacked the skill to win. It was 100% a lack of execution.

Take your trolling to one of the NFL forums or something, we don't need it here.

Wut O.o 

You mean the literal 0 offensive output? The terrible takedown defense? The poor striking defense? The terrible footwork? the poor gas tank? In fact, please point me to a moment in that fight that would give any sane person reason to believe Woodley has anything for Usman.

We haven't seen a champ dominated in that fashion since Dillashaw took 10 years off of Barao's life. Again, Woodley is a mediocre at best striker (he has poor movement, poor footwork, poor fluidity) but he does have KO power. His offensive wrestling is massively overrated. Point me to one fight where Woodley dominated with his wrestling? Maia? Condit? Maybe early in his career, but as of late he likes to spam overhands and control the octagon with his power. 

Woodley should thank god they didn't give Covington that fight, or else he would have to deal with the shame of not only losing his title, but losing it to Colby freakin' Convington. 

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'm actually kinda surprised most people agree with Conor. I feel like after getting demolished against Khabib, a co-main is the perfect spot for it.

Plus I can't remember the last PPV that didn't have a title as the headliner (not counting Izzy/Silva).

I'm actually surprised the UFC doesnt want him as a headliner. He sells by himself and Cerrone is a major draw too

1 hour ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Wut O.o 

You mean the literal 0 offensive output? The terrible takedown defense? The poor striking defense? The terrible footwork? the poor gas tank? In fact, please point me to a moment in that fight that would give any sane person reason to believe Woodley has anything for Usman.

We haven't seen a champ dominated in that fashion since Dillashaw took 10 years off of Barao's life. Again, Woodley is a mediocre at best striker (he has poor movement, poor footwork, poor fluidity) but he does have KO power. His offensive wrestling is massively overrated. Point me to one fight where Woodley dominated with his wrestling? Maia? Condit? Maybe early in his career, but as of late he likes to spam overhands and control the octagon with his power. 

Woodley should thank god they didn't give Covington that fight, or else he would have to deal with the shame of not only losing his title, but losing it to Colby freakin' Convington. 

Still waiting for your top ten welterweights

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Why is connor so great he cant be a co main? I mean his whole trash talk thing is extremely old. His trash talk against khabib was just awful. I really dont see the draw there. He has one fight in like 3 years and got steam rolled.

His last boxing fight was the biggest event in boxing history and his last MMA fight was the biggest event in MMA history. Those two events did nearly 7 million buys, which is what the entire UFC as a whole has done in 3 years excluding Conor's fights. When you look at Conor's career the only fights that he has struggled in were fights where the odds were extremely stacked against him. 

He lost to Nate Diaz at 170 on short notice with a staph infection. 

He lost to Floyd Mayweather at 155 in his first boxing fight against arguably the GOAT. 

He lost to Khabib at 155 after a 2-year layoff fighting against arguably the GOAT MMA grappler. 

Edited by NYRaider

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His last boxing fight was the biggest event in boxing history and his last MMA fight was the biggest event in MMA history. Those two events did nearly 7 million buys, which is what the entire UFC as a whole has done in 3 years excluding Conor's fights. When you look at Conor's career the only fights that he has struggled in were fights where the odds were extremely stacked against him. 

He lost to Nate Diaz at 170 on short notice with a staph infection. 

He lost to Floyd Mayweather at 155 in his first boxing fight against arguably the GOAT. 

He lost to Khabib at 155 after a 2-year layoff fighting against arguably the GOAT MMA grappler. 

Ya people move fast. All that history is great but what does he have now. 

3 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Wut O.o 

Usman landed 2 takedowns in 5 rounds.