MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Holloway is going to learn that if he stays at LW, he's not going to be able to just walk down everyone with high volume punching. 

If he fought a FW today, he would've walked any of them down.

Instead, Poirier walks him down. Conor's left would've done evil things to him last night.

I'm excited to see Poirier vs Khabib. Poirier has great cardio and the most underrated BJJ in the UFC. His power is underrated. Quite possibly top 2-3 physically strong LWs.

Max vs Conor for the FW Belt. After Poirier upsets Khabib, I want him to light up Tony Wifebeater

• Like 1

amazing night of fights, both title fights were some of the best ive seen. Roundtree looked amazing, doubt he'll ever be a real contender with the lack of wrestling but he should stick around. Just exciting fights all around. And stylebenders wrestling defense is insane.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Holloway is going to learn that if he stays at LW, he's not going to be able to just walk down everyone with high volume punching. 

If he fought a FW today, he would've walked any of them down.

Instead, Poirier walks him down. Conor's left would've done evil things to him last night.

I'm excited to see Poirier vs Khabib. Poirier has great cardio and the most underrated BJJ in the UFC. His power is underrated. Quite possibly top 2-3 physically strong LWs.

Max vs Conor for the FW Belt. After Poirier upsets Khabib, I want him to light up Tony Wifebeater

Sounds nice, but Conor isnt going back to 145 and I disagree with Holloway having to change his style at LW. If he fights Poirier again he has to alter his game plan but the 10 pound jump isnt as big a factor as some say.

Poirier is one of the most power punchers at LW, but guys like Ferguson, Barboza, Gaethje, I'd hope Holloway doesn't change his style. You want to smother those guys with volume punches and if cardio is one of your stand out tools, you cant just neglect it. You'll be doing yourself a disfavor

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sounds nice, but Conor isnt going back to 145 and I disagree with Holloway having to change his style at LW. If he fights Poirier again he has to alter his game plan but the 10 pound jump isnt as big a factor as some say.

Poirier is one of the most power punchers at LW, but guys like Ferguson, Barboza, Gaethje, I'd hope Holloway doesn't change his style. You want to smother those guys with volume punches and if cardio is one of your stand out tools, you cant just neglect it. You'll be doing yourself a disfavor

10 lbs isn't a big deal but the guys in terms of size and strength are substantially noticeable.

Against power punchers with chins like Poirier and Mcgregor, that style doesn't work.

• Like 1

I just don't see Dustin beating Khabib, I'm still not even sure anyone beats Khabib unless there is a 1 punch KO which I know Dustin has but I couldn't care less about his gas tank. He could have a 50 gallon tank but Khabib is a live grenade that blows a hole in that tank and you're gassed inside of 2 rounds

just looking at Dustin's fights since the loss to Michael Johnson....

• vs Jim Miller - FOTN
  • vs Eddie 1 (no contest, but was a crazy fight before it was stopped)
  • vs Pettis - FOTN
  • vs Gaethje - FOTN
  • vs Eddie 2 - POTN
  • vs Holloway - FOTN

Guy has quietly put together 5 bonuses in his last 6 fights (the other being a NC). I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves as one of the most exciting fighters in the division.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just don't see Dustin beating Khabib, I'm still not even sure anyone beats Khabib unless there is a 1 punch KO which I know Dustin has but I couldn't care less about his gas tank. He could have a 50 gallon tank but Khabib is a live grenade that blows a hole in that tank and you're gassed inside of 2 rounds

I'm interested to see whether Dustin can threaten with a d'arce or triangle in the grappling exchanges. He's got a really good submission game, and it will be good to see it against Khabib's offensive grappling.

btw, win or lose vs Khabib, hopefully we see Tony vs Dustin in the not too distant future. No way that's not a FOTN.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It sounds like Dana doesn't want to see Max back at LW..said he still looked a bit small even with the weight change.