All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Rousey coming out pissed but ACTUALLY SHES JUST HAPPY TO BE THERE

I hate this new model of just announcing matches with no build for these crap *** "super ppvs" 

it makes me feel like vince just doesn't believe anyone is tuning in to watch the build 

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

So I'm assuming it'll be McIntyre & Ziggler vs. Rollins & Ambrose at HIAC?

That’s been the rumor. It’s funny that the Raw feud with easily the most build and the most sensible option to be in a cell will get relegated to a tag match while the first match of a feud gets tossed into a cell.

Also funny that the three most over faces on Raw were in the final three minutes. Two of them were used as fodder to protect the champ while the third stood tall with two heels. Really hope they don’t think they can legit turn Braun in this feud.

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

That’s been the rumor. It’s funny that the Raw feud with easily the most build and the most sensible option to be in a cell will get relegated to a tag match while the first match of a feud gets tossed into a cell.

Also funny that the three most over faces on Raw were in the final three minutes. Two of them were used as fodder to protect the champ while the third stood tall with two heels. Really hope they don’t think they can legit turn Braun in this feud.

yeah, love how the dude who won the tag titles with a 10 year old suddenly needs to align himself with 2 heels to protect himself from the shield in a title quest

Not a fan of the Strowman turn. If they're gonna turn him, turn him hard, not like that. Fans were left wondering whether or not to boo or cheer and it just ended up being awkward. The writers are forcing the fans to boo Strowman situationally. He'll get the crap booed out of him when he's beating down Ambrose and Rollins, but he'll get cheered like The Rock when he faces off against Reigns in singles matches.

All that being said, Strowman's long-term potential is best suited as a heel. You want your top face chasing the unbeatable monster heel. The opposite of this would be unbeatable monster face Strowman just squashing every heel on the roster. They are essentially going to follow the Brock Lesnar storyline with Braun it seems like. It's very hard to get a giant babyface over without burying all of your heels or making your monster face look dumb. It's much easier to build monsters for your faces to battle than vice versa.

Chris Rock: You wouldn't help Mike Tyson beat up Steve Urkel, would ya?   (side note: Kevin Durant would)

It's the same kind of mentality that leads me to believe Strowman is a long-term heel. It was just executed poorly IMO.

When Mark Henry retired, its like the end of the road for that shaped guy with just Stroman left. When guys that shaped have been a staple in the dynamics of wrestling forever. BamBam, King Kong Bundy, Avalanche, Yoko, Hillbilly Jim, Dusty Rhodes, Andre, Rykishi and so on.

Everybody is basically the same. Playing the same drab characters. I never saw DB during his first run in WWE. But can see why he became so popular with ease. Hes not cut from the same generic mold all the rest are and its refreshing that someone isnt.

I love the Stroman vs Reigns idea for Hell In A Cell. Its intriguing. on one hand, no way they take the belt off Reigns this soon, on the other hand no way they waste Stroman cashing in. I have no idea what is going to happen

on the flip side, Hardy vs Orton in a Hell In A Cell match???? Who the heck cares???? Joe vs Styles better end up in the cell, otherwise another wasted build. 

Archived