2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While true, do you think he's a better player than Rudolph? 

I think Rudolph will be better, but I thought for sure that RG3 would still be our starter today and Kirk wouldn’t have started a game w/o RG3 being injured too. So, you just never know.

You also have to factor in that we have a starter and a good back up and need to address other positions too.

Just so you know, the Steelers have taken now two mid round QBs in back to back drafts. Last year they took Dobbs in round 4 and this year traded up for Rudolph in round 3. They must already know they made a mistake in drafting Dobbs in round 4 last year.

As a Steelers fan I’m excited to get Rudolph, but not happy they feel they must upgrade Dobbs already and that they traded up for him.

Ty is getting moved to Left Guard.

That is why Christian was selected. Can play both Tackle spots. Will be Trent and/or Moses backup.

I consider this pick surprising, but an underrated pick.

And with the injuries we had last season on O-line, He will get plenty of experience.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ty is getting moved to Left Guard.

That is why Christian was selected. Can play both Tackle spots. Will be Trent and/or Moses backup.

I consider this pick surprising, but an underrated pick.

And with the injuries we had last season on O-line, He will get plenty of experience.

When you suck, you don't take a guy who has no chance of starting any time soon. I really think we could've done better in the third. Rankins would've been much better for us considering our need at guard. 

Christian was Kiper’s top remaining player as well. With what amounts to a free pick, I like them shooting for some upside at a premium position. Just from watching a bit more on him, he clearly needs to get stronger in the legs. Not much of an anchor.

But the feet are really impressive, could very much tell he probably played basketball (or soccer) before reading that, and the arms are just stupid long. Not concerned at all about 19 reps when he’s got 35” arms. Technique, especially hand technique, needs a lot of work. But like I said, that’s why you pay Bill Callahan big bucks. 

6 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

I want to take a flyer on Antonio Callaway in the fifth or sixth round. Anyone think it's worth the risk?

Nah. Couldn’t get the pee clear for the combine. Was his chance to prove he turned it around

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Combine doesnt matter. DE from Miami is slower than he ran and just left off the board.

His main trouble is I say theres a 50/50 shot of him turning into Jamarcus Russell after a couple seasons. Getting super lazy, fat and out of shape. I think thats whats hurting him most.

It matters when you don’t take it seriously

Archived