1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

9 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I'd bet it's a little weird.  How can it not be?  He ran the show for so long.  However, I don't there's any negative awkwardness about it.  TT doesn't have to be the center of attention and he's able to scout players and give his opinion.  Seems like a great fit for him, tbh.

TT is weird as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if he's more comfortable this way. Kinda like I think you're getting at

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

TT is weird as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if he's more comfortable this way. Kinda like I think you're getting at

Lol.  Yeah, that's why I said "negative awkwardness."  I love him, but there's definitely a constant level of awkwardness there.

The other side of this is that it's kinda weird for us, too.  It was sort of surreal watching Gutey's press conference.  I mean, he was still somewhat cryptic at times.  They're not going to divulge everything.  That's normal, and right.  But I found myself wondering when he was going to take a drink from a water bottle.  How did he do that whole press conference without taking even one drink?!? 

13 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Didn’t we get a 5 th from the saints. Moron is tough. 

I was SPECIFICALLY speaking about the trade up! That trade we were ROBBED, but don't let the facts get in the way! My biggest issue with this is we need players NOW for Rodgers. IF we are going to keep him, get him the help he needs, not picks in the future. By the way, I think the Saints will suck this year and that pick will be pretty good value. 

Seahawks send: Picks No. 18, 248
Packers send: Picks No. 27, 76, 186
Johnson chart: $1.07
Stuart chart: $1.35

After fleecing the Saints, Packers GM Brian Gutekunst finished off the first round of his debut draft as general manager by coming away with desperately needed cornerback help in Jaire Alexander. The move saw the Packers send something close to the eighth overall pick as part of the swap, but it was a far cheaper move to fill a weakness than the one the Saints made. The Seahawks probably wanted a second-rounder to move down, but the third-rounder will help replace the one they shipped off in the Duane Brown deal.

11 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

Lol.  Yeah, that's why I said "negative awkwardness."  I love him, but there's definitely a constant level of awkwardness there.

The other side of this is that it's kinda weird for us, too.  It was sort of surreal watching Gutey's press conference.  I mean, he was still somewhat cryptic at times.  They're not going to divulge everything.  That's normal, and right.  But I found myself wondering when he was going to take a drink from a water bottle.  How did he do that whole press conference without taking even one drink?!? 

Gutes a robot. Probably drinks motor oil. Built by Ted to succeed him. Can't give that away

I have to say I was disappointed when we traded back. Especially when James was there for the taking. I do love this pick though, Alexander was my favorite corner after Ward. Great ball skills and he likes to mix it up in the run game rather than shy away from it. He definitely will bring swagger to our secondary. Welcome to Green Bay Jaire.

21 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I gotta admit, I was a little bummed that we traded our third, but then I remember that we usually waste our third round pick on a guy with a sixth round grade. 

Thorton

Fackrell

RichRod

Alex Green

Ty Monty

Mont. Adams

Ty was a good pick, Mont Adams was hurt for camp. Though yes we have had a terrible track record with 3rd rounders.

9 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ty was a good pick, Mont Adams was hurt for camp. Though yes we have had a terrible track record with 3rd rounders.

Agree, Adams has time to prove himself, but it sucks when you don't have any idea you have after a rookie year.

I've really tried to get my arms around Monty, but I'm still not sure what he brings to the offense. 

26 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I was SPECIFICALLY speaking about the trade up! That trade we were ROBBED, but don't let the facts get in the way! My biggest issue with this is we need players NOW for Rodgers. IF we are going to keep him, get him the help he needs, not picks in the future. By the way, I think the Saints will suck this year and that pick will be pretty good value. 

Seahawks send: Picks No. 18, 248
Packers send: Picks No. 27, 76, 186
Johnson chart: $1.07
Stuart chart: $1.35

After fleecing the Saints, Packers GM Brian Gutekunst finished off the first round of his debut draft as general manager by coming away with desperately needed cornerback help in Jaire Alexander. The move saw the Packers send something close to the eighth overall pick as part of the swap, but it was a far cheaper move to fill a weakness than the one the Saints made. The Seahawks probably wanted a second-rounder to move down, but the third-rounder will help replace the one they shipped off in the Duane Brown deal.

We gave up 906 points on the chart to get 901. So we lost 5 pts in the value chart.

We got 1122 vs 1100 for our 14th pick. So plus 17 (I value a future pick as the pick in the middle of the next rd, so future 1 =pick 49)

And we got the guy we might have selected at 14, while adding a 2nd first next year. You're literally the only one Ive seen complaining. Everything we did was smart and well executed. I have lots of love for Gute.

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Agree, Adams has time to prove himself, but it sucks when you don't have any idea you have after a rookie year.

I've really tried to get my arms around Monty, but I'm still not sure what he brings to the offense. 

I think he's  best as a 3rd down back at this point. He can't play full time RB.

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think he's  best as a 3rd down back at this point. He can't play full time RB.

Nor should he bc he's not as good as Jones or Williams anyways. Jones has the potential to be our best RB since Ahman if we don't keep him on the sidelines. 

Archived