Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BaldyBronco

.....with the 40th pick in then NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select? Let’s set the board

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Looks like RBs are going quick; ergo, I will go Guice or can I say it Nick Chubb? 

Totally agree with this!    The run on RB's has already started - 3 gone.  I don't trust what we have so I think we need to address it.  Totally get that we have a lot of holes but after last nights grand slam I am so optimistic and I think a solid RB will help us enormously!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We aren’t getting Hernandez unless we move up. Any of these teams could take him besides I’d say the Browns but it’s the Browns who knows. And several of them have glaring needs at OG including the Giants at pick 34 and the two teams (Bucs,Bears) that pick right before us. 

The Colts could even take Hernandez. Imagine coming out of the draft with Nelson and Hernandez with Kelly already at Center. That’s a strong interior for years. 

Edited by Counselor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what time do you guys think we're gonna pick tonight? Is the second round 5 minutes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Hernandez

Connor Williams

Isiah Oliver 

Joshua Jackson

Courtland Sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver did bring James Daniels in for a private visit and there was talk Denver may have taken him if they’d have traded back.

I don’t know that Daniels can play OG, though.  Maybe he can.  He’d be an odd pick if he can’t, it’d mean this would be Paradis last year in Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver did bring James Daniels in for a private visit and there was talk Denver may have taken him if they’d have traded back.

I don’t know that Daniels can play OG, though.  Maybe he can.  He’d be an odd pick if he can’t, it’d mean this would be Paradis last year in Denver.

Given how much $ Paradis might command though if he’s not back to top 5 C play then that’s ok to let him walk if we have Daniels.      Who really does profile as a C.   

Keeping guys on second deals only can go so far.   We have to turn over the roster for cheap talent.  

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

what time do you guys think we're gonna pick tonight? Is the second round 5 minutes? 

Day 2 7 mins.  Day 3 5 mins IIRC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have a RB high, we need to come up and get him or Hernandez.  Either of those players would be my first pick.  What would it take to get up to say 34?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maurice Hurst

Derrius Guice

James Daniels

Connor Williams

Harold Landry

Ronnie Harrison

Josh Jackson

Malik Jefferson

One of those 8 (in that order).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

If we have a RB high, we need to come up and get him or Hernandez.  Either of those players would be my first pick.  What would it take to get up to say 34?

I have a feeling the Giants will be all over Hernandez with their pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given how much $ Paradis might command though if he’s not back to top 5 C play then that’s ok to let him walk if we have Daniels.      Who really does profile as a C.   

Keeping guys on second deals only can go so far.   We have to turn over the roster for cheap talent.  

Understandable and I get that part.  Daniels is a hell of a prospect, it’d be more odd in the fact that if he can’t play OG he’s a top 40 pick that wouldn’t contribute year 1 unless Paradis dropped with an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

If we have a RB high, we need to come up and get him or Hernandez.  Either of those players would be my first pick.  What would it take to get up to say 34?

Honestly, don't see the need to move up.

Hernandez is great, but the Round 2-3 depth is insane.    We have so many holes in our roster,  staying at 2.40 and sticking to BPA will net a really great player - as long as the Big Board depth is followed.

Now, if Elway is just going to throw picks away on great-in-shorts-and-tshirts guys, fine, I get the sentiment.  But it shouldn't be the default to accept this as status quo.  The status quo needs to change.  Fix the process, improve results across the board.  

On that note, let's look at RB's left - Guice, Chubb, Jones, Johnson, Freeman, Kelly, Edmunds, Walton Ballage (the one guy I'd avoid totally unless it's Rd5+ - bad tape matters).   As much as there are guys I say no to at 2.40 - at 3.70 or 3.99, totally fine with.  And not just as a guy who might start - Chubb, Jones, Kelly, Edmunds, and yes, even the guy I don't want at all at 2.40, Jones, I'd be fine with later.   

Same with WR - Sutton is the clear best guy, but OMG give me Anthony Miller or Christian Kirk later...and Gallup even more given he's likely falling back.    That's not even counting guys like Chark / Cobb / Pettis / ESB....and yeah, that knucklehead Callaway (Rd 4-5 at earliest, guys, such a headcase with zero accountability...but 1st-round talent.  Sigh).

RB/WR can wait.   CB & OL & Goedert, the dropoff is significantly greater.   Go there, Elway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, germ-x said:

Understandable and I get that part.  Daniels is a hell of a prospect, it’d be more odd in the fact that if he can’t play OG he’s a top 40 pick that wouldn’t contribute year 1 unless Paradis dropped with an injury.

Yeah I was hoping Price would fall instead, but nope.   That medical report saying he's on track to return to TC restored long-term faith - he will play well below his normal strength year 1, but that's not an injury with long-term risk.  Good pickup by CIN given they're not likely a 2018 contender, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Broncofan.  No need to move up from #40.  There will be a guy with pro bowl potential sitting there at that pick.  Let the board sort itself out and take the BPA.

Connor Williams is the guy who interests me most and would make a lot of sense if there at #40.  Great athlete, plays nasty, slots in nicely at Guard and gives Denver depth at OT (where he might actually be better than Bolles, the shorter than ideal arm length at the combine killed his draft stock).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

Totally agree with this!    The run on RB's has already started - 3 gone.  I don't trust what we have so I think we need to address it.  Totally get that we have a lot of holes but after last nights grand slam I am so optimistic and I think a solid RB will help us enormously!!  

When opportunities knock...you know?  Unless, the adjusted contract for Von and the cap room we have is aimed pegged for Leveon (maybe thebestever was right there).  If that is the plan, then by all means beef up the line, grab a CB, and Michael Gallup, and I think you have yourself a nice off season.  However, I do not think Bell is an option.  So, I would love to get both Chubbs.  Why not? Last year we got two Hendersons, this year we rub out some Chubbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×