Day 2 NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Hurst is not that good of a player... his best attribute is he's slippery... I feel like a lot of people think he's falling because of the medical.... I posted a long time ago that he doesn't play with shock or punch in his hands, his effort is inconsistent and doesn't have good eyes or awareness... he's small (6'1'' 292 at the combine but played at 286) no good bench numbers...

He's a situational inside pass rusher that won't be on the field the majority of downs... his tape was not that impressive...

If you want a DT, look to the likes of Tim Settle or BJ Hill

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Someone said it though. Draft comes down to Baker. Odds say he’s probably 50/50. If he flounders, we get set back 4-5 years yet again.

No we don't. We drafted Manziel 4 years ago and we've already went through a 3rd and 2nd round QB since then. They don't get the 100+ million dollar contracts as rookies anymore if we think Baker will suck we can draft another QB next year at no real loss. The days of being committed to 1st and early 2nd round picks are a thing of the past.

It will really suck if Baker isn't good but we can quickly move on. I don't foresee that being the case but if it is we just lost one pick, not years of a rebuild.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

No we don't. We drafted Manziel 4 years ago and we've already went through a 3rd and 2nd round QB since then. They don't get the 100+ million dollar contracts as rookies anymore if we think Baker will suck we can draft another QB next year at no real loss. The days of being committed to 1st and early 2nd round picks are a thing of the past.

It will really suck if Baker isn't good but we can quickly move on. I don't foresee that being the case but if it is we just lost one pick, not years of a rebuild.

With such a very difficult schedule, I expect us to be picking relatively early in 2019.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

There’s no way we take a QB high next year. Not unless there’s legal trouble, disaster, etc. The 1st pick of the draft gets a minimum of 3 years. Year 1 could be a RS year to begin with. The 1st pick succeeding/failing is different then a 20s pick that had mental/substance abuse issues and can’t stay in the league due to off field issues. If he’s a bad QB, which we all hope he isn’t, we don’t even look for a replacement until minimum of 2021 draft. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Pretty nice pick by Jax if they need a box safety. Surprised Harrison was still there. Jags continue to solidify their nasty defense. 

Pretty nice philosophy they've got going there in Jacksonville.  Beat the snot out of the opponent's offense, and run the snot out of the ball when you have it.  

18 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Best case scenario Jabal Sheard

Again... this guy is 6'5 280+ With some burst and athleticism. 5 star hs recruit. He's nothing like Sheard. 

Hes going to play inside on some 3rd downs, spell Ogbah every now and then and try to cause some havoc.

Archived