2nd Round Pick (45th Overall): Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

CWood21

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

The idea that you take whoever is on the board at a weak position regardless if there's much better talent available is absurd. I'll tell you who I take - the better player who knocks someone else off the field. In case you guys didn't notice this wasn't a team full of pro bowlers last year. Just about every position on the team could be upgraded save for QB, DL, and LT. I don't reach for CBs with flaws when there were guys a full tier higher available at other positions.

You guys know that drafting for need is a terrible way to operate yet you're talking yourselves into these guys being BPA that magically fit need. They weren't BPA. Neither of them.

Do your shadow draft.  I'm really curious to see who'd you pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think the back-to-back CB picks pretty much solidifies the train of thought that Pettine can get production out of average pass rushers.  Should be interesting to see.

I'm hopeful he's gonna be a wild card.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

The idea that you take whoever is on the board at a weak position regardless if there's much better talent available is absurd. I'll tell you who I take - the better player who knocks someone else off the field. In case you guys didn't notice this wasn't a team full of pro bowlers last year. Just about every position on the team could be upgraded save for QB, DL, and LT. I don't reach for CBs with flaws when there were guys a full tier higher available at other positions.

You guys know that drafting for need is a terrible way to operate yet you're talking yourselves into these guys being BPA that magically fit need. They weren't BPA. Neither of them.

Are you saying we reached for need when we got Lacy, HHCD or Clark? If so then I'm cool reaching for need.

IMO the draft gave us a gift those three years, the draft guys us a gift again for the first time since HHCD in Jackson. 

Thank you Gute, thank you rest of NFL.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't give me that crap. They have cap space and they can make trades. The one thing you can't do is force yourself to take a lesser player because of need.

salary cap and xbox all in one --- press triangle and circle, then throw it against the wall

Are you guys aware of how many draft choices bust? I'm pretty sure you are. So why would anyone be shocked when a person thinks a player might not pan out? The yearly group-think that all these picks are going to be great choices is mystifying. Odds are at least one of Alexander or Jackson will bust. And there's a good chance they both do. So to ask why I'm not high on these picks is like asking why do I hold an opinion more likely to be right than wrong. If anyhting, more people should be skeptical or at least have a critical eye for these guys. Both have very apparent weaknesses. Other players available had fewer apparent weaknesses. They may not have fit the biggest need, but I'd rather have those guys right now. And history shows that's a very reasonable take.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

salary cap and xbox all in one

Go (blank) yourself, that's bs. Just because I have a different opinion than you. Believing every draft pick is a good one each year is the video game mentality. I live in the reality that when you reach for need, it usually bites you in the ***.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Are you guys aware of how many draft choices bust? I'm pretty sure you are. So why would anyone be shocked when a person thinks a player might not pan out? The yearly group-think that all these picks are going to be great choices is mystifying. Odds are at least one of Alexander or Jackson will bust. And there's a good chance they both do. So to ask why I'm not high on these picks is like asking why do I hold an opinion more likely to be right than wrong. If anyhting, more people should be skeptical or at least have a critical eye for these guys. Both have very apparent weaknesses. Other players available had fewer apparent weaknesses. They may not have fit the biggest need, but I'd rather have those guys right now. And history shows that's a very reasonable take.

Because it's literally on draft day.  Nobody goes in expecting their picks to bust.  Does anyone truly believe they're going to bat 1.000?

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Go (blank) yourself, that's bs. Just because I have a different opinion than you. Believing every draft pick is a good one each year is the video game mentality. I live in the reality that when you reach for need, it usually bites you in the ***.

Sheesh. R-E-L-A-X

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I fixed it for you! 

No, I want to see the ballhawk DB that 7 INTs in his senior (only year of football) switch to safety. 

Alexander + King + Jackson + Tramon + House + Waters

Clinton-Dix + Jones + Rollins + Brice + Evans

That's what I want at this juncture. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This draft is strong at CB.  The fact that it matched up with a glaring need does NOT mean the packers have reached on either pick.

And also, if we were to solve via FA, we’d have to pay a good 15MM per year.  That means we’re either cutting Bulaga or Matthews, creating another huge glaring hole, that would actually necessitate an actual reach in this draft (weak draft for pass rush and OT).

Archived