3.81. Gallup-ing into Dallas

D82

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He was the anti-Dez. 

Dez was picked 1st round. Gallup, as a 3rd rounder, shouldn't have the pressure of being his replacement. I think Hurns is getting $6M right? They cut Dez to save 8. So I think Hurns is still the guy. 

What are some good player comps for Gallup? Sterling Shep?

I've heard Boldin, Maclin and Garcon

You guys got a steal.   He's a great route runner, and his athleticism is actually way better than advertised.   He plays bigger than his size.

He's not a burner, and so I think he's more of a WR2 than a true WR1 - but how he wins, it fits PERFECTLY with Dak's strengths (because he separates with route running, precision, and short-area quickness).    Like I said in the Draft Day 2 winners thread in the Draft Forum, I love Sutton, but I would have been thrilled with Gallup for the value at 3.71, and gone in another direction for Rd2.40, where we took Sutton.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Jeremy Maclin makes sense. I don't see Boldin at all. Garcon I can see

Yeah this I can go with. He has the yards after catch ability of Garcon. The shifty mid field route running of Maclin. Makes sense.

Id personally say though, he is a bit like Steve Smith - Not the longtime Panther HOF guy, but the guy who probably should have been the MVP for that first Giants SB win in 07.

11 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

They blew it on TE. All the good ones are gone. Should have traded back into the 3rd round and grabbed M. Andrews. We had enough ammo with our comp picks.

Oh well, can't win em all.

I'd dial up Barnidge and see if he is interested.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He was the anti-Dez. 

Dez was picked 1st round. Gallup, as a 3rd rounder, shouldn't have the pressure of being his replacement. I think Hurns is getting $6M right? They cut Dez to save 8. So I think Hurns is still the guy. 

What are some good player comps for Gallup? Sterling Shep?

I'd say he's like Higgins, Nate Washington, Cecil Shorts, Garcon, Maclin, and past-his-prime Reggie Wayne.

Shepard ain't too bad of a comp, but I think Shep is quicker off the snap and more electric in open, short-area space than Gallup.

2 hours ago, the lone star said:

I'd dial up Barnidge and see if he is interested.

Also to @Rtnldave 

I think ya guys arent giving Gathers Jawin and Swaim a chance if you start looking to trade or sign guys.

You cant spend 3 years and 2 years developing guys and then not give them their shake. You could be passing up a steal without ever a proper look.

Again, Swaim has looked better snd better every year. I think he will be a good contributor. 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, DaBoys said:

Jeremy Maclin makes sense. I don't see Boldin at all. Garcon I can see

Interesting, I was just coming into this thread to say that he really reminded me of a young Anquan Boldin.

The attitude he plays with, they way he fights, the way he kind of just does everything well and exhausts opposing defenses. He's not as thick in his lower body, and probably won't be able to break tackles in the NFL at the rate Q did, but that's exactly who came to mind while watching him.

Either way, pumped about this pick. I think he is going to be a quality player, quickly.

The attitude he plays with and the way he fights is similar to Boldin but it's also similar to Garcon. Anquon Boldin was a huge 225 pound WR and had the strength and size to box out CBs and even dish out hits of his own. Especially later in his career he would lower the boom.

Gallup is 205. Garcon 210. They are more "feisty" than physically imposing imo. But either way I'm excited about Gallup. 

Archived