BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Man I was going over to look at the old game threads on WF and most are gone cause of the spambots. 

After all this talk about gameplans, wanted to read Pheltz's "Tertiary Verbatim" masterpiece from last year vs Orlando.

I've talked to Charlie and Walt about the forums multiple times.  Given suggestions, pointed out issues, recommended changes/tactics.  

I haven't seen a single bit of change and now the forums are overrun with spambots.  Makes me sad.

Walt keeps falling back on this narrative that forums are dying because of reddit and twitter.  

Edited by Ragnarok

36 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Man I was going over to look at the old game threads on WF and most are gone cause of the spambots. 

After all this talk about gameplans, wanted to read Pheltz's "Tertiary Verbatim" masterpiece from last year vs Orlando.

Lol.  I saved it!

OFFENSE

We come out in our 3 Wide 1 TE 1 RB base.   With Matt Stafford enjoying a great season so far (+128.2 on the Gruden scale - currently 3rd in his Y Banana of the Year category), we will look to utilize his accuracy spreading the ball to our bevy of weapons.  D. Thomas (+96 in the height category) will look to overwhelm Jalen Ramsey (-41 in NFL experience scale - tied for last with all other rookies) on jump balls and designed screens.  Jarvis Landry (+99.69 on the dominating targets of your team metric) should be able to find room to separate from James Bradberry (+451 on the Burnt scale, 93rd out of 96 eligible slices of toast) and help move the chains.  Tyler Eifert has soared in games not missed (GNM) since returning from injury and will be Staffords first read in the Red Zone (RZ), where no one in the Orlando secondary can match his Slaytic minus BS algo.

Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry will continue to provide balance and wear out our opponent; they have the highest combined Punishment Distribution Ratio of any BDL RB tandem (6.2 Levellings/Game).  Along with their incredible thigh gap to neck metric of -9.2 and -11.4 respectively, they should run wild against Donkey Kong Suh (+481 Bleeding Vagina Scale) and friends.  Well, he has no friends except Kingston Hawke (+Infinity DBag rating).

TLDR - You didnt read it, but it was stone cold logic, trust me

DEFENSE

As one sided as our offense is matching up against the AssSprays, the defensive matchup is beyond silly.  We expect a heavy dose of David Johnson with his impressive High Butt Plateau Measurement (+6.8cm above coccyx), but our guys up front can gain penetration based on the Orlando O lineman average leg bend (12.9 degrees - poor by NFL, let alone BDL, standards).

With the run game neutralized, we can get after Russ, whose Non-Linear Acceleration/Anal Sublimation number has fallen 82% from last year, to a horrific .86 seconds/parts per million.  For perspective, the only qualifying QB that scored lower is Tom Brady during the month of September.  Thanks Goodell!

With the game obviously lopsided already, we get to our secondary, the strength of our stop unit.  Sporting a 93% Average Shutdown Rate, not to mention their unprecedented Troll Composite Proportion (through 7 games) of Wraith squared, our corners are without comparison.  Against a wideout corps featuring Alshon Jeffrey and his team high (Skill players only) 6.3/1 sandwich to salad consumption rate, Orlando will be lucky to get one first down before the game is already won.

TLDR - All statistics are objectively irrefutable, I challenge you to find evidence otherwise;  I do this for a living

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Whicker said:

This is definitely the truth. My frustration level at this league was already at an all time high before I tried to read through the headache of the Berlin/Charleston thread. At this moment I really do think I spend too much time researching and writing for this league. 

So you're out too? 

I don't understand why people get so upset over debate in the game threads. None of it has to be read. Use it for questions you may have about the game plan, use it for potential line up errors. Of if it's all square, don't use the thread at all. Read the line up and game plan and decide who you think will win. It's really basic. 

edit: I hope you don't go Whicker. You built a great squad and have always contributed. 

Edited by Jlash

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

So you're out too? 

**** no! I may have had a bad day yesterday (in more than just BDL), but it's going to take a lot more than a bad loss that to get rid of me. To take a page from rofl, I've comfortably done more losing in my life than any of you, and I'm ready and willing to take them all year long if I have to. When I joined this league, my team was being talked about as a contraction candidate because of its hellish cap/free agency situation. In just a year and a half, not only have I retained the team's core, but I had one of the most flexible cap situations in the offseason. No one can run this team like I can, and I know I'd regret it as soon as I gave it up.

Also, good game @OleXmad.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

**** no! I may have had a bad day yesterday (in more than just BDL), but it's going to take a lot more than a bad loss that to get rid of me. To take a page from rofl, I've comfortably done more losing in my life than any of you, and I'm ready and willing to take them all year long if I have to. When I joined this league, my team was being talked about as a contraction candidate because of its hellish cap/free agency situation. In just a year and a half, not only have I retained the team's core, but I had one of the most flexible cap situations in the offseason. No one can run this team like I can, and I know I'd regret it as soon as I gave it up.

Also, good game @OleXmad.

It takes time, and you've been doing a great job. It took me about 2 years to rebuild a roster, seems like you're just about there.

17 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Is it just me or are we short a few votes this week?

Taylor and Rofl didn't vote at all. A few people didn't vote in all the games but everyone else met the minimum. 

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1