2019 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Really a couple months ago Williams & Little were 1 & 2 and now you see them fall and fall and fall..... 

Yeah the Greg Little hate makes not sense, honestly kid started at a high level in the SEC since he was a true freshman, started every game since he began and in terms of sack numbers I doubt he gave up many sacks at all while at Ole Miss.  Great in pass pro no question and if the Vikings think he could play OG for a little while he would completely be an option at 18.  6-6 325, sure people though he would blow up at the combine but why, his skill is going backwards in pass pro not running forwards.  Just because he did not run well at the combine I do not think it is that big of a deal, kid is skilled at protecting the QB.  

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Bradbury will be a better pro than Williams.

I don't think that's too bold of a take, it's just more about positional value. Although IOL seems to be more valuable now than ever, I think a guy who could potentially be a top 12 or so tackle or a top 10 guard is more worth the pick than a top 10 center. I would be very pleased with Bradbury too, though. Probably my favorite tape I've watched so far.

11 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

It seems like there is an impression he is falling behind some of the other top OL prospects, and I have no idea why!

His tape is sooo impressive, I doubt he falls to 18 but my god, time to dream, no?

Also seems like the type of OT prospect who could play OG for year while Rieff mans the tackle spot.

Because like me, they're not a fan either.  From what I've seen, I'm not all that fond of him.  I would have taken Bradbury over Jonah Williams even.  I've just never been that impressed.  Add onto that that 'Bama hasn't developed a real good NFL offensive lineman since Chris Samuels, that means I'm definitely out on him.  I hope to god that someone decides to take him before #18.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Because like me, they're not a fan either.  From what I've seen, I'm not all that fond of him.  I would have taken Bradbury over Jonah Williams even.  I've just never been that impressed.  Add onto that that 'Bama hasn't developed a real good NFL offensive lineman since Chris Samuels, that means I'm out on him.  

If you don't like Jonah that's fine, I get why you wouldn't. However, looking at a schools history at a certain position is a good way to miss out on great prospects. So would you not look at Tua next year because it's been a long time since Alabama has developed an NFL QB? Patrick Mahomes was coming out of Texas Tech/Air raid, so he wasn't supposed to be any good. I just don't think that other prospects past performance can be used to detract from current prospects.

1 minute ago, vikestyle said:

If you don't like Jonah that's fine, I get why you wouldn't. However, looking at a schools history at a certain position is a good way to miss out on great prospects. So would you not look at Tua next year because it's been a long time since Alabama has developed an NFL QB? Patrick Mahomes was coming out of Texas Tech/Air raid, so he wasn't supposed to be any good. I just don't think that other prospects past performance can be used to detract from current prospects.

I didn't use that as a primary tool, it's just in addition.  Patrick Mahomes was certainly an exception, but a track record of BJ Symons, Kliff Kingsbury, and Graham Harrell, as well as other Air Raid QBs like John Beck, Jared Lorenzen and Max Hall didn't do a whole lot.  In fact, outside of Mahomes, the only Air Raid QB that even has had any success is Case Keenum.  Mahomes was an exception to the rule.  

Either way, in this case, in my mind, Jonah Williams isn't an exception to the rule.  I just don't see him having a whole lot of success at the NFL level.  I could certainly be wrong, but I don't see it at this point.  

24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No idea where Cashman will go, given how bad the LB class is, but I’d love to see him in purple and gold next year. 

I had him down as a 4th, maybe some homerism & I wasn’t sure he would be as athletic as he turned out to be. Now from some guys mocks have him going as high as the 3rd from where I’ve seen. 

I’m interested very highly in him, but if we don’t take him round 3, I don’t think he will be around

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Without a trade, they pretty much have to take two IOL in rounds 1-3 at this point. Having to take players makes me nervous. 

Aside from J. Taylor, and possibly J. Williams and C. Ford, I think we'll be in a pretty good spot for OL at 18. It depends on what other talent is there.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Aside from J. Taylor, and possibly J. Williams and C. Ford, I think we'll be in a pretty good spot for OL at 18. It depends on what other talent is there.

Sure, but they need two, that's the scary part......And, they needed two last year, and only took 1. Of course, maybe the actually thought that OL would work with Remmers at OG and whomever at the other OG spot.

Archived