Prediction: Rookie RB Derrius Guice will rush for 2000 yards this season.

aceinthehouse

Why DOES he run so angry? I like it.

Thought he was possibly the best fit of the draft. Get him running behind Williams, Sherff and co. Really invest in him, compliment him with an effective pass rush and a D that can get off field, and I totally agree with you.

Steeler writer, draft analyst and scout Jon Ledyard had him as the best RB in this draft (above Saquon), and expect him to be the next Elliot or whatever. Not sure I'm that high on him, but I do think he will be OROTY.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:33 PM, aceinthehouse said:

He doesn't lose games by throwing them away like...well, you know who.

Jay Cutler? O.o

20 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I mean, the Skins have a pretty damn good OL(assuming Trent stays healthy), the only other functional RB is Thompson who would spell him on third downs, and we all know Alex Smith desperately needs a run game to be effective.   Plus, outside of Crowder, none of their receiving weapons are anything close to consistent.

If he stays healthy, it's not that big a stretch to say he leads all rookies in rushing.

Agreed. 2000 yards may be asking a bit much, but the potential is certainly there...

I don't even want to be witty or sarcastic here. Alex Smith is captain check down. Captain I'll throw it away over taking a risk and converting this third down. Captain I'll live to fight another day. Sometimes, that works. But when you criticize Kirk Cousins for that, you shouldn't be turning around to praise Smith.

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't even want to be witty or sarcastic here. Alex Smith is captain check down. Captain I'll throw it away over taking a risk and converting this third down. Captain I'll live to fight another day. Sometimes, that works. But when you criticize Kirk Cousins for that, you shouldn't be turning around to praise Smith.

It's ironic that fans complained about Cousins checking it down, and then the team gets Smith

On 5/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, TXsteeler said:

Thanks for that, I didn't recognize the (true or false) thing when googling it.

Speaking of Ace predictions btw, I've realized something.

A common definition of art is anything created that makes you feel strong emotion. This definition is used to better encompass non traditional art forms like films, food, video games, dance performances, etc., and I've realized that this definition can be used to define Ace prediction threads as art, or at least the closest thing you get to art on a sports forum.

When you first read the title you probably scoff or laugh or do a double take of disbelief before clicking on it to read through the reasoning. At some point while reading through you probably experience joy at the ridiculousness of it. You might even experience some anger at the foolishness of the prediction, thinking "who could believe such nonsense?", or you might wonder if you are being trolled. You may end up pitying the OP, wondering about their mental state before envying their ability to be so optimistic. But eventually you always just chuckle to yourself and poke some fun before moving on with your day and making a little mental note to check back in at the end of the season.

I don't know about you guys, bit these Aceinthehouse posts make me feel more emotion than any painting.

Bloody hail I didn' know we had Noam Chomsky posting in the forum.  Bravo bruv, bravo.

5 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Alex Smith managed to check down a successful Hail Mary.

Oh dear ? I've heard of bild prediction's but this is something else.

Your top running back last year had 603 yards at 3.4 yards a tote, how can you believe that your going to have any running back go 2000 behind a very similar line especially with the teams you play this year.

50 minutes ago, Thelegge said:

Oh dear ? I've heard of bild prediction's but this is something else.

Your top running back last year had 603 yards at 3.4 yards a tote, how can you believe that your going to have any running back go 2000 behind a very similar line especially with the teams you play this year.

I don't think Guice will rush for 2,000 yards this year either, but I'm confused by this statement.  Are you predicting a similar avalanche of injuries for the Redskins OL this year?

Total pressures surrendered: 181
Best player: Brandon Scherff
Combinations used: 27

While Washington fielded two elite offensive linemen to start the season in left tackle Trent Williams and right guard Brandon Scherff, both of them struggled to stay on the field in 2017. As a matter of fact, the entire Washington line was marred by injuries a season ago as a whopping 11 offensive linemen played at least 140 snaps for the Redskins in 2017. The injuries had their impact and the Washington offensive line never really got into rhythm over the season. Redskins running backs averaged just 1.29 yards before contact, the fifth-fewest in the NFL while the unit allowed 25 sacks on the season, tied for the sixth-most.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

Archived