Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm pretty confident that Tramon will start all 16 games this season unless he's injured. Only guy that could threaten would be Jackson and I'm not counting on that in year 1. Packers would be smart to bring Jackson along in a back-up role, we have enough young guys in our secondary already. 

Alexander will start in the slot so I'm not counting him. 

House was probably better last year than Tramon ever was over a complete season in Pettine's defense with the Browns, not saying you're wrong, but that spot isn't nailed down by any stretch. 

Weren't you one of the guys saying Tramon was done back in 2014?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

House was probably better last year than Tramon ever was over a complete season in Pettine's defense with the Browns, not saying you're wrong, but that spot isn't nailed down by any stretch. 

Weren't you one of the guys saying Tramon was done back in 2014?

No idea, always possible I said he's lost a step, but don't believe I ever felt he was done because I wanted him back last year before his good year in Zona, and I pounded the table again this year. He's a savy vet, always has been. 

I think people said he was done after the last play in Seattle. Always thought that was damn good coverage and simply a dime throw by Wilson. I'd kill for that coverage the last 2 years in our secondary. 

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No idea, always possible I said he's lost a step, but don't believe I ever felt he was done because I wanted him back last year before his good year in Zona, and I pounded the table again this year. He's a savy vet, always has been. 

I think people said he was done after the last play in Seattle. Always thought that was damn good coverage and simply a dime throw by Wilson. I'd kill for that coverage the last 2 years in our secondary. 

That's what we got out of Randall most of the time. Hurt all the time, getting beat by a step at the worst possible time. I suspect that Tramon will have an extra DB on his side of the field most of the time, but will make plays based almost solely on his veteran experience.

The Packers have drafted 21 players over the last 2 seasons. They also added a couple of FA's in Evans, Brooks, Big Mo and Graham. ( Cook and Bennett too)

Lots new faces at mini-camp and into TC this year so you're gonna need some cheat sheets to know who is who  

Based on the depth chart info from Ourlads - All of these guys below were on the roster in May of 2016. May is max roster time in the NFL -  but its still pretty amazing to see how many guys are gone in only 2 years time. (33)       NFL= Not for Long

WRs  -  Jordy, Janis, Abby

RBs  - Lacy, Starks, Crockett

QBs - Ryan Williams

OL - Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Barclay, Vujnovich

TE  - Rodgers, Quarless, Cook, Perillo, Backman

DL -  Josh Boyd, Datone Jones, Christian Ringo, LeTroy Guion, Mike Pennel

LB  - Peppers, Sam Barrington, Joe Thomas, L. McCray, J. Elliott

DB  - Damarious Randall, Sam Shields, Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Chris Banjo, Robertson Daniel

So after not addressing EDGE at all this offseason (so far), including the draft, all I'm hearing now is that Gilbert is the 2nd coming and is going to solve our problems, etc. Same stuff every year. My question: Should we have any reason to believe that Gilbert is different than Jayrone or Dezmon Moses, who were previously ordained the next big EDGE gems in GB?

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So after not addressing EDGE at all this offseason (so far), including the draft, all I'm hearing now is that Gilbert is the 2nd coming and is going to solve our problems, etc. Same stuff every year. My question: Should we have any reason to believe that Gilbert is different than Jayrone or Dezmon Moses, who were previously ordained the next big EDGE gems in GB?

No

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Did we move to panic about EDGE now that the panic about how horrible our CBs were was solved by our GM? 

Until week 1 comes I won't be concerned.

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If you asked me what I thought of our EDGE situation, I'd say I'm leery.  But let's go back and look at what majority of the forum said/felt after the Packers traded down with the Saints.  Most were livid that the Packers who had their highest pick since AJ Hawk moved down to their natural area of selection in the late 20s.  It was only after they traded back up to the Seahawks pick that cooler heads prevailed.  At this point, I think Gute has deserved to be given our trust.  If he feels that the EDGE is still an issue, I'd anticipate a FA signing.  If not, I look forward to seeing what the camp has.  And given Pettine's comments, he feels pretty damn confident you can scheme pressure.  You can't scheme cover ability.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

We have that same guy pop up every year. I'm not even sure he stays that guy this year.

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did we move to panic about EDGE now that the panic about how horrible our CBs were was solved by our GM? 

Until week 1 comes I won't be concerned.

You're really confident in the King/Tramon/Alexander/House/Jackson group? I could see being excited going forward, but I would be very hesitant to declare anything "solved" for this year. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're really confident in the King/Tramon/Alexander/House/Jackson group? I could see being excited going forward, but I would be very hesitant to declare anything "solved" for this year. 

100% confident. We haven't had a better group going into camp since Woodson/Shields/Tramon.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

100% confident. We haven't had a better group going into camp since Woodson/Shields/Tramon.

I look at that group and don't see a single guy I would bet a large sum of money on to be an above average starter this year. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I look at that group and don't see a single guy I would bet a large sum of money on to be an above average starter this year. 

For the games King was healthy for he already achieved that last year, so not sure what your deal is there.

Alexander if he plays in the slot is ready right now to be a high end CB.

Tramon, Jackson and House battle for the other spot and I'm totally good with Pipkins as the last guy for depth /ST.

Archived