Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

MVS worked out with Moss but needs to learn that Moss high point for that play.

That ball was severely underthrown.  His hands are questionable and a play like that just needs to be made. If it was 4 or 5 yards farther down the field he would have walked into the EZ.  Anyway - very nice route.  

In 1 on 1 pass rush Montravius Adams destroyed lesser competition. Good start, but now he must show it against Taylor and McCray.

Big upset early in camp: Kyler Fackrell beat #Packers LT David Bakhtiari in a one-on-one pass-rush drill.

(Small sample size alert: Bakhtiari went on to stand up Clay Matthews, and Fackrell lost a rep to Jason Spriggs.)

Still, nice inside move by Fackrell on a speed rush.

23 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Last year Rollins was the talk of camp.  He got hurt and now everyone jumped off of that bandwagon.  I'd like to see what the guy has to offer as a hybrid player.  Seems to fit his skill set really well.  He obviously has the ability to create turnovers.  I've really enjoyed his physicality.  He's simply not fast enough to be that boundary corner for 70 snaps a game.  I don't see him as any less of an athlete than Burnett or Hyde, though.  Maybe playing that Jack of all trades role will revive his career.

Rollins is entering his fourth year.  He's never been a great athlete, and that goes beyond his 40 time.  Speed has always been a glaring issue, and now he's coming off a torn Achilles.  In three seasons, his peak was showing occasional flashes as a rookie.  Since then, the swagger he seemed to show as a rookie is long gone.  He's just been flat out bad the past two seasons.  I'm just not seeing the cause for optimism. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I hope Zach Krues is right.  I suggested Rollins could try at safety and somebody laughed at me.

Whoever did that is stupid. It's perfectly logical at this point

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

"Pettine remains creative.

We’ve seen three ILBs on the field, nickel with 3 DL and more."   

I thought we were supposed to K.I.S.S. with evil Dom gone though?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I can honestly say I've never been on Reddit.  I'm old.

You'd love it! Haha. Sorry I just saw this huge argument over how Adams doesn't have enough swag to be a true number one the other day on there and it is still bothering me

Just now, wgbeethree said:

Pretty sure it's K.I.L.L.

Keep it likable and learnable.

Under Dom it seemed like the rush was predictable and the coverage was unlearnable.  

Maybe Pettine is willing to mix up the rush and simplify the coverage.

Archived