Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Just now, Leader said:

Oh - dont know. I thought we'd tried to put him there and he got snagged.

I checked wiki to make sure I wasn't insane, ten days past then the Bills (I think it said Bills) put him on their PS. IIRC, there were a lot of people wondering why we didn't try to keep him. And I THINK a beat reporter said they did not offer him a spot. Which seems likely unless he didn't wanna be here I guess

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So can we use the bloodlines argument to support Kumerow becoming a stud WR? His cousins are the Bosa brothers.

Whats the guys history (?) and potentials?

Seems to be making an impression at TC but we've not given him any attention...that I can recall at least. What are we dealing with here?

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

One of these young WR's getting hit with that mysterious season ending turf toe around game 3 .

Hamstring injury, quad strain.  Those seem more consistent with Packer injuries.

But I do like your thought process for sure

I'm late to the party regarding the WR discussion over the last several pages.

Someone mentioned Boykin as a YAC receiver. He is NOT a YAC receiver at all. He was more of a possession receiver. Excellent hands but offered little else. He was basically the Richard Rodgers of WRs. This is why he never established himself and gradually found himself out of the league. I feel that Geronimo is in that similar category but he is a little quicker and a little shiftier and he has this wonderful opportunity that Boykin never had. I think it is fair to compare the two.

I was a big fan of Miller during the draft process. I absolutely thought he was a Jennings/Driver type WR that would prove to a excellent fit in our offence. But judging from the way the front office operated I don't think he was a high priority for them as they were actively targeting taller and faster WRs. I bet that if the front office were faced with choosing between Miller and DJ Chark in the 2nd round they probably would've gone for the latter.

As well as Kumerow has done so far I just cannot see any room for him on the roster. The Packers has a draft and develop philosophy which is why J'Mon, EstB and MVS will get the nod over him. The only way for him on the roster is if EstB or MVS is proven to be far too raw and completely useless on special teams.

I know we freak out about cutting our late round WRs and worrying about other teams swooping in before we could get them onto the practice squad but that scenario very rarely if ever happens. The closest to that happening recently was Charles Johnson but he actually made it onto the practice squad after cuts before eventually being pried away.  We cut Dorsey, White,  Abbrederis, Johnson, Yancey, Clark, Geronimo and they all made it through to our practice squad. Dupre was one we never bothered to re-sign. I have this theory that Packers WRs are actually not that sought after by NFL teams because its our offensive system with an elite QB that make them look good rather than the players themselves being talented. The proof of that theory is backed up just by looking at that underwhelming list of players i've just made. Based on history EstB or MVS will more than likely end up on the practice squad if the cut happens.

Unless someone else steps up as a returner Davis is a lock to make the roster. Yancy is on life support...not long now before we pull the plug. He got just over 3 weeks left to turn it around but I'm not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Whats the guys history (?) and potentials?

Seems to be making an impression at TC but we've not given him any attention...that I can recall at least. What are we dealing with here?

Jake Kumerow is 26, younger only than Cobb at 27.  

Archived