2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

On 2018-11-28 at 12:36 PM, Broncofan said:

That's definitely what a rational org would do.   But let's agree that Gruden hasn't exactly followed the rational path, either.

And remember, if you ask for a top 10 franchise QB list, he'll give you 30.   It only takes 1 guy for him to fall in love with, and his track record shows it can be a lot of guys.

Gruden is crazy so who knows with him I agree but the Raiders are moving to Vegas in 2020 and nothing better to move to new city than having the potentially most hyped QB since Luck

Just now, IDOG_det said:

So, not Mahomes 

They’re more similar than dissimilar. Big arm, accurate QBs with great stats and similar concerns (system, competition, turnovers, decision making).

Haskins has a great arm but Mahomes has an arm that’s so good it lets him be carelessly creative/unorthodox and get away with at-times iffy footwork/mechanics. Haskins is showing more of a penchant for creating plays out of the pocket and with his feet but he obviously prefers to be a classic dropback passer. Mahomes prefers the pocket too, but he’s more than comfortable playing “backyard football”. Mahomes is arguably further along in that regard because he played way more in college, and Tech called for that style of play more than OSU.

i Really wouldn’t mind nabbing Jonah/Gregg at #4/#5 then trading back into the first for Haskins. Unless he keeps climbing, which I don’t doubt especially if the comittee puts Ohio St. in the Playoff, then I could def see the Giants trading to acquire him in 20’s

4 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

i Really wouldn’t mind nabbing Jonah/Gregg at #4/#5 then trading back into the first for Haskins. Unless he keeps climbing, which I don’t doubt especially if the comittee puts Ohio St. in the Playoff, then I could def see the Giants trading to acquire him in 20’s

He's not getting out the top 10 thats a fact

everyone has been assuming that because hes coached by Urban Meyer that hes not a real NFL QB

come combine time everyone is gonna realize Haskins is the real deal and the number 1 QB in the draft

just watch the film objectively 

That Haskins touchdown pass to go up 24-7 was one of the best throws you'll ever see in college. If he fixes up his mechanics a little bit so he's more consistent, that's what this kid can be. The one thing from him I didn't like was that he bailed out a ton, even when he didn't have to, and missed a couple reads because of it.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, brownie man said:

He's not getting out the top 10 thats a fact

everyone has been assuming that because hes coached by Urban Meyer that hes not a real NFL QB

come combine time everyone is gonna realize Haskins is the real deal and the number 1 QB in the draft

just watch the film objectively 

I was just hoping the rest of the world was sleep man, you don’t have to sell me on Haskins. 

On 12/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, One Punch Man said:

Mahomes with less mobility and fair amount less arm talent.

Give him a year behind Eli (and a year to develop that line) and I think he’d be great for Shurmur and NY.

So in in other words, not Patrick Mahomes?

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I was just hoping the rest of the world was sleep man, you don’t have to sell me on Haskins. 

I feel bad for the team who uses a top 10 pick on them.  They're going to be right back in the market for a QB in a few years.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:14 PM, CWood21 said:

I feel bad for the team who uses a top 10 pick on them.  They're going to be right back in the market for a QB in a few years.

Pretty sure I remember people saying the same about Wentz and Trubisky.  Granted Trubiskey is more of a wild card still, but Wentz hasn't exactly lit it up this year.

Archived