Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

Just now, Nick_gb said:

So you send an abundance of picks to acquire a talent whose value is based off his ability to completely shut down one side of the field and you take him out of that position and move him to S? Yeah, no thanks. If we get Peterson he needs to be shadowing #1's he needs to be for Pettine what Revis was.

I wasn't really serious about the move. Was just dreaming of the scenario where all our young CBs would be on the field with him. If the Packers actually make the trade, then I have no doubt he would be a CB.

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

Did people really think the Saints were going to fall on their face, or worse yet, bank their emotions on it ? 

I never expected it to be higher than a 26 and I'm sure Gute expected about the same

They've won 8+ games twice in the last six seasons, and one of those seasons was when they were doing something they had never done under Sean Payton: Field a great defense.  Over that same six year period, they averaged a bit over 8 wins per season.  I thought 7-11 wins was their win expectancy.  But let's not pretend like they've played some murder's row of opponents.  The only teams they've played with winning records is Washington and Baltimore.

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Ha, yes people really thought and predicted this....absent a few major injuries this pick was always going to be mid-20s at best. The Saints are a solid team that is well coached. 

Nobody thought that the Saints were going to flop and hand over a top 10 pick to the Packers.  They might have hoped, but they knew that pick was most likely in that 16-24 range.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Nobody thought that the Saints were going to flop and hand over a top 10 pick to the Packers.  They might have hoped, but they knew that pick was most likely in that 16-24 range.

There were a few cool-aid drinkers. Either way, who cares at this point. They could still run into some injuries or maybe the Panthers keep pace and steal the division. I doubt it, but it could happen. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

There were a few cool-aid drinkers. Either way, who cares at this point. They could still run into some injuries or maybe the Panthers keep pace and steal the division. I doubt it, but it could happen. 

Sure.  And there were also a few posters who thought they were going to win the Super Bowl.  The majority of posters felt that they were going to be competing for the NFCS title.

I'm one of the ones who had hope the Saints would implode.  It really wasn't all that far away, either.  The Browns lost that game, the Saints didn't beat them.  Falcons had everybody injured.  They needed Tucker's first ever PAT miss to win. 

This team is luck components away from being 2-4 rather than 5-1.  Not saying they're going to implode the rest of the way, but this Saints team has looked impressive against exactly two teams; Redskins in New Orleans, and the Giants. 

They really aren't as good as everyone in here is making them out to be.  Considering the complaints of our wins, if we'd won games the way the Saints have, there would be people talking about tanking right now.  Lol. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm one of the ones who had hope the Saints would implode.  It really wasn't all that far away, either.  The Browns lost that game, the Saints didn't beat them.  Falcons had everybody injured.  They needed Tucker's first ever PAT miss to win. 

This team is luck components away from being 2-4 rather than 5-1.  Not saying they're going to implode the rest of the way, but this Saints team has looked impressive against exactly two teams; Redskins in New Orleans, and the Giants. 

They really aren't as good as everyone in here is making them out to be.  Considering the complaints of our wins, if we'd won games the way the Saints have, there would be people talking about tanking right now.  Lol. 

Its probably always been the case,  I'm now older (less mature though) and notice it more. 

Every NFL SEASON

5 teams flat out suck

4 teams are good

23 are all level

Wins dictated on who you play, when you play them and did the bounce or penalties go your way? 

I've always held the argument, Brady and Manning are fantastic but for well over a decade (or 2) both players played in the weakest divisons the league has to offer. 

Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Texans, Jags, Titans.....come on.... guaranteed playoff spot every year. 

Don't get me started on Brady's round 1 and 2 playoff opponents.

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree with you. They are really a lot like us in that they have really only looked great in a game or 2. They are 3-0 in coin flip games decided by 6 or less. They aren’t a top 5 team. They are 500 roster that has won their close games.

Their schedule gets tough soon, so   I think they come back down and finish 11-5

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

They (the Saints) are 3-0 in coin flip games decided by 6 or less

I thought to ask for clarification on this....then thought to do some of my own research.....and having done that now, let me ask for that clarification again.....
They Saints have played in one OT game - so how are you applying this 3+0 in coin flips info?

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I thought to ask for clarification on this....then thought to do some of my own research.....and having done that now, let me ask for that clarification again.....
They Saints have played in one OT game - so how are you applying this 3+0 in coin flips info?

I think he's just saying 3-0 in close games, under 6, that could have gone either way akin to a coin flip

Archived