The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

I think Teddy will be some teams starting QB in 2018.  I hope it's with the Vikings.  Nothing against Bradford.  I think he did all that he could do last season, and I expect he will play even better in 2017 barring injury.  Yet, I think the upside of Teddy is higher.

11 hours ago, Klomp said:

At this point, I think Teddy will stay on PUP and the contract will toll a year. If that's the case, I could see Bradford franchised for one year, and then 2018 training camp is a QB competition, with one of them getting the starting job and a longterm contract while the other is the backup for a year or traded..

I agree with most of this. I just don't see either Teddy or Sam playing backup anywhere. If Teddy can regain his pre-injury ability, he'll be given the opportunity to show what he can do in live action. The Viking's organization loves this kid and will give him every opportunity to pursue his career as a NFL QB. I think Sam plays well this year and keeps his job. Teddy gets traded to Miami for a 1st in 2018 and 3rd in 2019.

If Bridgewater proves to be healthy, I think Bradford would need to have a year like Favre did in 2009 to keep the job. 

As has been said, this organization loves Bridgewater, the Head Coach loves him, the fans love him, and his teammates rave about him. I just don't see this team parting with him.

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Bridgewater proves to be healthy, I think Bradford would need to have a year like Favre did in 2009 to keep the job. 

As has been said, this organization loves Bridgewater, the Head Coach loves him, the fans love him, and his teammates rave about him. I just don't see this team parting with him.

Fair, but raving about him as a person is different from raving about him as a QB.

I'd rather have a QB with great ability than one with a great personality. Not saying he doesn't have ability, but I think it's fair to question where that ability will be coming off 1-2 full seasons of not playing football. And just because the medical staff says he's healthy won't mean he's a lock to regain his old form on the field.

Along the sentiment of the above, I'd personally rather trade them Bradford than Teddy.  I like Sam, but if Teddy is healthy and is still mobile enough, I like him better.  I just believe the offense is going to be limited with Sam because he doesn't have the mobility.  

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

for a 12 year old, that's pretty astute thinking.

That's just so petty coming from a longtime member. Seriously?

I think that's fine thinking, although I'm more along the line of trading the backup, who will fetch us good value in draft picks. It's the safe route, taking minimal risk and working with the least amount of unknowns.

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Don't worry, he knows that I know that he knows that I took it as a joke.

Oh. I guess I didn't know that he knew that you knew that he knew it was a joke. Lol

Sarcasm has to be done just right on the Internet without it being too obvious or so obscurely written that nobody knows what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Fair, but raving about him as a person is different from raving about him as a QB.

I'd rather have a QB with great ability than one with a great personality. Not saying he doesn't have ability, but I think it's fair to question where that ability will be coming off 1-2 full seasons of not playing football. And just because the medical staff says he's healthy won't mean he's a lock to regain his old form on the field.

After 7 seasons I still question Bradford's ability. Especially when it comes to decision making, and making plays at key times. Not simply racking up the fantasy stats. 

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Along the sentiment of the above, I'd personally rather trade them Bradford than Teddy.  I like Sam, but if Teddy is healthy and is still mobile enough, I like him better.  I just believe the offense is going to be limited with Sam because he doesn't have the mobility.  

It will interesting to see if Teddy comes back with the same level of mobility and confidence in his knee. Also, I think we see Sam move around more this year. He seemed to move around a little more towards the end of last season. He even surprised me with his mobility. I know he'll never be as spry as Teddy, but maybe his increased mobility will offer another wrinkle to his game.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh. I guess I didn't know that he knew that you knew that he knew it was a joke. Lol

Sarcasm has to be done just right on the Internet without it being too obvious or so obscurely written that nobody knows what you're talking about.

i wouldn't doubt everyone but you knew what i was talking about. just like when guys make senile dementia jokes about me. like they have for YEARS now.

where's your righteous indignation over that?

It's inevitable that, in a thread about a QB controversy, with a tennis match of volleys by people on both sides of the issue, a shot will be hit WAAAAY out of bounds.

I hope there is some more objective info on TB's health soon, so that the discussion is more informative than speculative scenarios.  In the meantime, it would add credibility to the discussion of those who feels TB or SB will perform better in the future if they support their theories.  I see stats for both QBs that lend credence to their success as the Vikings starting QB of the Future.  So, I'm retrieving a wildly errant volley hit OOB and offering this 'serve' to restart the thread back 'on-topic':  what stats or other justifications can you offer that points to one QB or the other as the QBOTF? 

2 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

I see stats for both QBs that lend credence to their success as the Vikings starting QB of the Future.  So, I'm retrieving a wildly errant volley hit OOB and offering this 'serve' to restart the thread back 'on-topic':  what stats or other justifications can you offer that points to one QB or the other as the QBOTF? 

I don't think either guy has made their case for QBOTF at this point. That's why I believe my scenario makes sense, extending the decision to next summer and next training camp. If things fall completely off the rails and the team is picking in the Top 10 of the draft next May, I also wouldn't rule out at this point drafting someone in what looks to be a good QB class.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

I don't think either guy has made their case for QBOTF at this point. That's why I believe my scenario makes sense, extending the decision to next summer and next training camp. If things fall completely off the rails and the team is picking in the Top 10 of the draft next May, I also wouldn't rule out at this point drafting someone in what looks to be a good QB class.

What stats for TB and SB concern you to the point you don't think either QB has good/ adequate potential to be QBOTF?  QB rating?  YPA?  YPC?  W-L record?  Completion %?  INT % ??? TD/ INT ratio?  Sack %?  ...

That said and with regard to your reply, whatever it is, why do you think TWO QBs may both fail?

Archived