Welcome back? DT Cedric Thornton brought in on a workout.

Kiltman

Eventually will turn this into a thread for all the DTs we meet with and work out because of the Timmy Jernigan issue

Hopefully Howie already got his ring, so Ced had something to kiss for going to a division rival...I mean the Cowboys? I'm not even mad, just disappointed 

Hypothetical

Timmy doesn't come back for 6 months, and he never really gets back to where he was with that type of injury...but we make do and win another super bowl (is there any debate?)

So we cut him with no dead money next year and Ngata retires....huge roster hole(s) at one of the most important positions in this scheme

Do you....

1. Stay put, the draft is loaded with DTs in 2019?
  2. Move up to try and secure one of the true stud DTs in the top 20 somewhere?
  3. Sign Suh as a free agent or Geno Atkins if he hits the market?...(No rams fans here so if you went at them for signing Suh and want to 180 with him as an Eagle go for it.)

On 5/16/2018 at 5:43 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

My gm mock predicts the future again

On 5/3/2018 at 12:44 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

If the price was right for Hankins he probably would've signed already. I could see us making a minor move - maybe bringing Thorton back or signing someone like Paea. 

giphy.gif

I called it after Timmy Jernigan’s injury was announced. I remember you all were hyping him up as a great 34DE. Obviously he would be the DT that eats up the double teams if OLs were stupid and didn’t double team fletcher 

104. Cedric Thornton, Buffalo Bills

Snap Quickness: 10/25
Pass Rush: 11/25
Run Defense: 11/25
Tackling: 8/15
Position Value: 7/10
Overall Grade: 47/100

Thornton primarily plays the 1-technique. He functions best as a run-blitzer where he can move laterally at the snap and attempt to penetrate adjacent gaps by catching offensive linemen by surprise. The 29-year-old is in pursuit and works hard to chase down runs from the backside, but he struggles to take on double-teams, oftentimes getting overrun due to a lack of functional strength in his base, hips and hands. His pads rise on contact, and he gets taken for rides once he loses leverage, struggling to regain footing. When blockers win his chest on basic drive blocks, he struggles to stack or disengage. Inaccurate with his hands as a pass-rusher, Thornton tends to get too wide when attempting to execute a move, and he will not push the pocket with his bull rush.

Ranked 104th out of 104 defensive tackles...... wow lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751939-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-defensive-tackles-of-2017-season#slide3

On 5/16/2018 at 5:39 PM, Kiltman said:

Hypothetical

Timmy doesn't come back for 6 months, and he never really gets back to where he was with that type of injury...but we make do and win another super bowl (is there any debate?)

So we cut him with no dead money next year and Ngata retires....huge roster hole(s) at one of the most important positions in this scheme

Do you....

1. Stay put, the draft is loaded with DTs in 2019?
  2. Move up to try and secure one of the true stud DTs in the top 20 somewhere?
  3. Sign Suh as a free agent or Geno Atkins if he hits the market?...(No rams fans here so if you went at them for signing Suh and want to 180 with him as an Eagle go for it.)

I let the draft play out, but if one of these DTs falls just a bit I would say we shouldn't hesitate to trade up and grab him. 

At this point, I don't see why you don't give Hankins a couple years and mutual option years or something. Timmys contract was probably a bit hasty to begin with. Hankins is going to be as good as Timmy. We move on from both Timmy and Ngata after this year, draft a DT in 2019 and he can take the bulk of the snaps next to Cox in 2020 after we decide what to do with Hankins. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

At this point, I don't see why you don't give Hankins a couple years and mutual option years or something. Timmys contract was probably a bit hasty to begin with. Hankins is going to be as good as Timmy. We move on from both Timmy and Ngata after this year, draft a DT in 2019 and he can take the bulk of the snaps next to Cox in 2020 after we decide what to do with Hankins. 

I wonder if he wants too much, or Howie is trying to not put us in a spot should someone get injured.

Archived